epilogue: my moon, my stars*

"A love like ours could never die
As long as I have you near me."
»And I love her, The Beatles

✞︎

Rory made sure Harry ate and drank plenty of water and after he took a well deserved bath and changed into clothes he had in Rory's closet, she healed some wounds on his body and then they cuddled in bed together with a cup of hot cocoa in their hands and a joint between their fingers, the weed filling their lungs and relaxing them after all the chaos. Rory asked him a thousand of times if he was feeling okay, if he was in pain, if he felt any different, but he assured her he was fine, that he just had a headache but the pill he had taken would help with that.

From the window they could see the autumn leaves falling in piles, the branches gently dancing in the wind and crashing against the glass, in the background in Rory's room a Beatles vinyl was playing. The two of them were immersed in a long conversation about everything that had happened since Joseph possessed Harry's body and it was at that moment that he realized and remembered what had happened to Arabella. Harry let out a couple of tears and Rory felt upset and sad by what had been unfairly done to Harry's poor cat.

He didn't remember exactly what the priest had said and done when he was in his body, he only had memories of when he tried to get back into his body but the rest had just been him locked in that dark, cold room on the other side. Rory told him everything, even the time Joseph had tried to assault her and Harry felt sick, apologizing to her a thousand times even though he hadn't done anything.

Harry felt proud that Rory had successfully cast the spell that broke the curse on the house and although for a moment Rory had her doubts, even though she had seen the house and Joseph burn in flames and collapse, Harry assured her that it was all over. Somehow they both felt it, everything seemed lighter, calmer, less overwhelming. But everything they had been through would not be an easy thing to forget or overcome, especially the anxiety, trauma and paranoia they both had. But the two of them together would help each other, they were not alone, they both would work it out by supporting each other.

Simpkin appeared the moment Rory went to the bathroom and heard a "What the fuck?!" from Harry. When she returned to her room the black cat was standing on the bed at Harry's feet and they were both staring at each other, he totally confused with his eyes wide open and his mouth in a funny grimace.

"Simpkin! Hey buddy, you showed up. I thought something happened to you." Rory smiled and sat on the bed reaching out to pet the cat on the head. Harry still had a big question mark on his face.

"Nope, I just had a couple of things to do but I heard everything went well." He replied waving a paw. Rory nodded with a sideways smile and sighed "Good job, kid, the witches are proud of you. Is this your boyfriend?"

"Mmm, sort of." Rory let out a small chuckle, Harry hadn't asked her to be his girlfriend yet but they were together. She then turned to look at Harry and his expression made her let out a louder laugh, he was looking at both of them like it was a tennis match and with utmost confusion.

"Rory...are you...are you talking to the cat?" Harry blinked speaking extremely slowly. Simpkin rolled his eyes and Harry looked at the animal as if he were some sort of alien.

"Wait, you can't understand what he's saying?" Rory frowned and he looked at her like she was insane.

"How the fuck am I supposed to understand a cat? It's an animal! I mean, I wish I could talk to cats it would be bloody cool but...can you understand him? Is it a human in cat form?"

"Your boyfriend is a little confused." Simpkin commented amusedly "He can't understand me Rory, only witches."

"Yes I can communicate with him, I met him yesterday, he's witch cat, only we can understand him. Simpkin is like my new pet but also a wise old animal that will help me with the witchy stuff and all that." Rory explained and this time Harry nodded with a huge grin.