eleven: i missed you

"We can't escape, we're born to die
But I'm gonna give it a real good try"
» Black magic, Jarvis cocker

✞︎

The two remained silent for a couple of minutes, trying to catch their breath and take in everything that had happened. It was truly terrifying and neither of them wanted to go back to their homes for at least a couple of hours. Rory hadn't realized she was silently crying until Harry looked at her and raised a hand to wipe away her tears. She startled a little because she was lost in thought, but the subtle touch of Harry's skin that somehow felt warm despite the cold made her sigh deeply and smile softly.

"I'm sorry, it's just...that was scary." Rory sniffled and rubbed her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater.

"Don't apologize, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thanks to you we were able to get away."

"For now..." Rory grimaced, looking off into the distance at the mist-shrouded forest.

"I know, but I have a feeling this shit will be over soon. Did you see everything you did, the power you have? It was mind-blowing." Harry widened his tired green eyes that had a certain gleam of hope in them.

Rory let out a small laugh and nodded, truth be told she was totally impressed with her new magical powers. All this time had she lived with it inside her? She wondered what other things she was capable of.

"I'm a witch..." She said still unable to believe it, it seemed like a weird dream but it was real.

"You're a witch, the coolest witch ever." Harry nodded and smiled excitedly despite the situation. Then she started laughing loudly,  everything was bizarre and strange, her life had become crazy. Harry joined in her laughter, both delighting in the harmonious melody of their laughter. Harry hadn't laughed like that in a long time.

"Yeah, but..." She said slowing her laughter " I need more power and training to defeat that...thing. I know we can defend ourselves now but... I barely know a spell." Rory looked at Harry with furrowed brows, extremely worried "Do you really think I will get us out of this?"

"Yes, I do." Harry nodded firmly moving his body a little to look at her better "Like I told you, we need to find information about the origin of everything in that house and the spell to vanish that demon from here. I may not do magic myself, but I will help you in any way necessary. You don't deserve to live like this."

"But I'm a witch, aren't I supposed to deal from now on with dead people and stuff?"

"Maybe, but not like this. And I'll say it again, you don't deserve to go through things like you did minutes ago."

"Neither do you, Harry." Rory rested a hand on his knee and Harry looked down sighing at her soft touch and because he thought otherwise. He did deserve it.

"Maybe I do deserve this shit." He muttered. Rory furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head in disagreement.

"Of course not! why would you say that?"

Harry shrugged and leaned his body back against the tree "There was a time in my life when I was a bad person, Rory, when I hung out with those people. I was shitty to people, I played with girls' feelings...and I was a bad friend to you." he whispered the last sentence with regret.