six: stories

"I don't mind the darkness, it's easy on the eyesI'm praying for something to make me feel alive"» Into the fire, Asking alexandria

I'm praying for something to make me feel alive"
» Into the fire, Asking alexandria

tw: death reports

✞︎

Rory and Harry arrived at the town's public library after the end of the school period. She hadn't seen Harry since his strange escape in the morning and in the one class they shared he was sitting in the back row in a corner lost in thought, leaving Rory extremely intrigued. The only interaction they had was when he gave her the answers of the homework.

She received a text from Harry in the last class letting her know that he would be waiting for her in the parking lot to go to the library together.

Now both teens were walking around the place looking for a spot away from the people. Rory knew of an area on the second floor where they could be alone and talk about ghost and demons without people around looking at them like two weirdos or telling them to shut up.

A huge window with Victorian decor let the bright four o'clock afternoon sun filter through it, glinting off the wooden bookshelves, dust particles dancing in the air, the old books and the floor. Rory and Harry plopped down, leaning their backs against the shelves crammed with works and encyclopedias.

Harry pulled out of his bag a couple of thick books, some printed pages, a yellow highlighter and finally his small laptop. Rory watched his movements carefully, he seemed to have a lot of information in all those papers and books.

"So...tell me what you know." Rory said as Harry was entering his password into the laptop.

He looked at her for a few seconds and nodded. Harry's laptop showed the home screen where a picture of a black and white cat in front of a Christmas tree appeared. Rory recognized it instantly, it was Harry's pet.

"That's Arabella, right?"

Harry looked at his wallpaper and nodded with a soft smile "She's a bit old now." He commented with a small chuckle.

"I remember her, the last time I saw Arabella she was very tiny."

Harry let out a sigh and stirred in his seat, back in those days when Rory met Arabella they were both still friends.

He went on to tell her everything he knew about the house, pushing his other thoughts aside for another time.

"Well, I spent a lot of time gathering information after realizing that if those entities were there it was because something had happened in the past, something very bad for them to still be stuck on this side and for them to torment humans, for a curse to exist. I began to investigate who had been the last owners of the house and...no one has lived there since 1950."

"Really?" Rory widened her eyes in surprise, that was half a century ago. "Do you know who they were?"

"Yeah, didn't know how to find out first so I asked a neighbor across the street, a 77 year old man who knew a little 'bout the house. He told me that a family of 5 had been killed in 1950 in a strange and sudden way, just a month after they bought the property. I decided to search the internet to corroborate that this was true and sure enough, I found in an old newspaper article the story."