JOHN MARSTON - princess

WORD COUNT: 4495

---

A irritated groan escaped from Y/n's mouth. She threw down her cards and watched as John collected the poker tokens with a smug grin on his face.

"You're a damn cheater." Y/n accused, crossing her arms under her chest.

"I don't have to cheat when I play against you,   Y/n," John retorted.

Y/n slammed her hands against the table as she got up and rushed away from John as her face went red with anger.

She walked into her tent and threw herself onto the bed. "God, he's infuriating!" She screamed into her pillow, the built up anger slowly fading away. 

John stood at the entrance of the tent, watching her little meltdown. He leaned against the pole of the tent with a smirk.

"Okay, Princess?" He asked, sarcastically. Y/n sent him a bone shaking glare before turning her head away from him.

He stepped closer to her, but stopped in his tracks when she pulled out a knife and pointed it towards him.

"It was just a game, Princess." He shrugged his shoulders, watching as Y/n got up from her bed and placed the knife on the left of her.

"Just a game?"

"Yeah-"

"That was my last bit of cash, dammit!"

"So you decided to be an idiot and gamble it just like you did with the rest of your money?" John shouted, catching the attention of people outside.

Y/n snatched her knife, flipped it in the air, caught it in her other hand and held it against Johns throat. "You better mind your own damn business, Marston."

"Oh, I'm scared-"

Arthur stormed into the tent, impatient and confused when he saw what was waiting inside.

"What the hell is goin' on in here?" Arthur complained.

John and Y/n moved away from each other and smiled. "We was just-"

Arthur rushed behind them and began pushing them outside. "We was just, nothin'. You two are going to Dutch and he'll figure out what the hell to do with the two of you." Arthur pushed them to Dutch's tent, then left them there to stew in their anger, both sending each other glares.

Dutch and Hosea stepped outside, the older men taking a look at the two outlaws.

"So," Dutch began, bringing the two inside his tent with him. They all sat down. "I heard you two was arguin'. And I need to fix it,"

"Dutch, we was-"

The gang leader raised his finger to Johns lips. "I understand, John"

Hosea, John, and Y/n all looked at Dutch with uncomfortable expressions.

"I know how it is to not be able to express my true feelings to a woman." He explained, removing his finger from Johns face.

"That is not the damn reason why-"

"Shhhh!" Hosea added on, amused by Dutch's performance. "Your leader is talking."

"Thank you, dear Hosea." Dutch cleared his throat. "As I was sayin', what I think y'all need is a little ice breaker."

"Dutch you makin' no sense." John sighed, dragging a hand down his face.

"Go get us some damn food, you two!" Hosea blurted out.

Dutch looked over at Hosea with a raised brow. They both nodded at each other and Dutch shrugged. They turned to the two younger outlaws and smiled.

"Go find, uh, four rabbits," Dutch declared, raising four of his fingers to John. "Four."