ARTUR MORGAN - roof jumping

WORD COUNT: 3768

WARNING: smut

———

"The great city of Saint Denis!" I announce, holding my arms out as if I'm taking in all its glory. "Stuck up rich folk and air pollution, there ain't nothin' like it!"

"Shut up, Y/n," Arthur says from behind me. I can tell from his voice he's trying to hold in his laugh.

"Laugh, Arthur. You know you want to, you can't resist." I turn to face him, now walking backwards.

He smiles, shaking his head. I see him quickly grab my shoulder and move me to the side. Im guessing I almost bumped into someone and he helped me.

I turn back around and walk normally. "So, what we doin' here anyway?" I question, falling into step with Arthur.

"I wanted to check out this place, and I didn't wanna go alone." The man explains.

I look at him with a wide grin. He rolls his eyes at me as he realizes what I'm thinking. I intertwine his arm with mine and lean into him. "Awww, Arthur Morgan wanted to walk through the city with me. Why don't we grab a bite to eat and watch a movie too!"

He pushes me away and chuckles. I can see his face turning beet red from how much he's laughing and I raise my head in pride. I love making people happy, especially when it's someone like Arthur who's always sulking.

After the laughter dies down, we stay quiet for a few minutes. I take in the scenery while eavesdropping on conversations. Im sure Arthur's doing the same thing, hoping he finds a lead from someone walking by.

A man walking by, looking very rich, is engulfed in a conversation with a woman next to him. When he walks by me, I quickly slip my hand into his pocket and take whatever was in it.

I take a look at my reward and in my hand is a very expensive looking watch. It seems to be made of gold and there are several diamonds around the edge of it.

I wave the watch in Arthur's face and a lopsided grin forms on my face. "Look at what I found."

Arthur snatches the thing out of my hand. I try to get it back from him but am unsuccessful.

He examines it, opening it up to reveal even more jewels on the inside, being used as a design. "Where the hell did you get this?" He asks, astonished.

"I just pickpocketed some guy!" I whisper shout, finally taking the watch back from him. "Wonder how much it's worth."

"You can sell it to the fence in Rhodes, the guy there is a friend of mine," He recommends to me. We make eye contact and share a mischievous smirk.

"Sure, Arthur." I say, shoving the watch in my pocket.

I look around for something fun to do. It gets tiring just walking around, even if I'm with Arthur. I look down an alleyway and see a ladder leading up to the roof.

I stop in my tracks, causing Arthur to stop as well. He looks in the direction I am and it clicks in his head what I'm thinking.

"Nuh uh, no way." He says, attempting to grab my arm but I am already on my way to the ladder.

I grab the metal bars and begin climbing, being quick with it so no one suspects anything. I look down at Arthur who seems to be having an internal conflict about whether he should follow me or not. Either way, I am getting on this roof.

I pull myself up and finally reach the top of the building. The wind rushes passed me, blowing my hair in my face, quite ungracefully I might add.

It is way better up here. There's no crowd, I have a way better view of the city, and I am much closer to the sky than I was before. The wind rushes passed me once again and sends a cooling feeling to my skin that I love. I sit down on the roof and stretch out my limbs. I lean back, using my hands as support and take in the sun. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while.