The Wisteria Bush Part II

Eloise and Ester were currently at market once more this fall. None of the other Bridgerton's wanted to join her and with Violet still out with Daphne it was rather uneventful lately. Anthony was due to arrive home within the month sometime but Ester wasn't too sure.

Eloise was in hopes that Ester would let her visit Penelope Featherington, her dearest friend. Penelope Featherington at the end of the social summer season, before the fall season began had a rather unfortunate ending.

Her father had crumbled their family immensely far into debt, their cousin Miss. Mariana Thompson (who was with child out of wedlock) married her lover's brother was off with him finally her father wound up so far into his debts he committed suicide and left his family destitude.

Penelope losing a father and an entire lifestyle, Ester understood completely. Which was why, when Eloise requested so calmly if they could visit the Featherinton's before heading home after the market, Ester agreed.

"We can visit after a short spout of tea as well, I'm afraid your little nieces/nephews are rather tired today." Ester said.

Ester was having a rather delightful morning. Up all night with a sickness in her stomach from her twins moving around in her stomach. Not too mention how sick she felt. What drove Ester the most mad about the whole situation was how lonely she felt.

Whether it was her emotions from being pregnant or just feeling lonely in general, Ester found the nights where she was hovered over a bowl with stomach churning, she wanted the comfort of someone beside her. Whispering 'it's alright', 'you've got this!'.

Between her deceased father and mother, missing sister and wedded sister-in-law she really had no one. Other than the internal monologue of her lying cheating husband.

Yes, even in the middle of the night she missed him. Despite the terror on her heart and mind he caused.

"Oh, this is a lovely spice I've heard enhances the taste of food!" Eloise said to Ester, holding up the small glass vial of NUTMEG.

Ester hesitantly lifted it to her nose, hoping her stomach didn't clench and spin at the new smell. It was spicy, filled with a flash smell of the earth but yet it was sweet. She rather enjoyed the smell.

"We will get it!" Ester said, grabbing the vial as well as some more Salt, Pepper, Thyme and Rosemary that they usually got on market outings.

Moving over to a fabric booth in the store's market place she found a few wool patterns she wanted to make for baby clothes, gathering more string for lace for her beautiful lace designs and Eloise grabbing some things that her mother sent her a list to prepare for Franny is making her debut into society soon as well.

"I think it's rather incredulous that mother is so eager to have me into society. Daphne did so well that I am afraid her talent at finding a husband will be presumably passed onto me. Hopefully Franny will have exceptional luck. Or even another of my brothers." Ester smiled at Eloise and grabbed a new bonnet for Eloise as a present for her upcoming birthday. Luckily Eloise did not notice it.

"Well, if you do fail I will shelter your failure with the news of my birth to lessen the wrath of Violet Bridgerton." Eloise gave a happy smile and placed a gentle hand on Ester's growing stomach and quickly removed it as well.

"If it is a girl I shall teach her so many independent and wise things. She very well could be the next Joan of Arc." Ester smiled. She secretly didn't want a girl. Girls lived miserable lives. Just look pretty, act pretty and someone will marry you because you are pretty.

Boys had the ability to learn at university, go anywhere they want with anyone. Look at Anthony. He was married at had the ability to have an affair and no one spoke a word of illness towards his name for doing so.

Heaven forbid Ester or Daphne do anything of the sort though. How scandalous and improper for a young lady of fine establishment! Which is why whenever people asked Ester if she thought it would be a girl she would simply say "it's a healthy pair of twins, hopefully." and pay no mind to their genders.

"I know you will, for you shall teach all my children if you so like!" Ester said, smiling as Eloise selected a new booth to head to, the meat booth.

While Eloise selected the meat for Ester to have a break, she purchased tea and a book for Eloise's birthday as well.

##################

When they reached the Featherinton house, Eloise had a firm grip on Ester's arm and hand.

"Their windows are shut. Do you think they are not home?" Eloise said, a lump forming into her throat." Ester smiled and slowly walked towards the doors.

"Let's find out, worst case they are out and a servant will receive our cards." Eloise nodded, and Ester approached the doors and knocked.

A few moments passed by and nothing happened, Ester decided they couldn't hear her knocked again. They waited a few more moments and when no one answered the door they turned to leave.

Only to hear the door behind them squeal open. Turning around the two girls were met with the face of an older man.

"How may I help you?" The old man said, his hands shaking from his old age.

Ester spoke up, Eloise quickly wrapping her arm around Ester's in a fit of comfort.

"Yes, we are looking for the Featheringtons? May we see them? I am Viscountess Bridgerton coming to call upon them."

The old man looked for a while before a blank look fell across his face.

"There are no Featherington's at this residence ma'am..." 

Hello readers!

I know it is a short chapter but I wanted to keep up the pace before the next season comes out!! Happy Thanksgiving/Fall Break everyone!!!

thequeen2375