Unreachable Part II

Unreachable Part II

A.N-I have never written a chapter like this so please let me know, if it was slow, boring, etc. Any comments would be appreciated. I am always looking to improve my writing game.

Ester awoke to a loud CRASH of thunder. It was late in the night, she could tell by the dark abyss that laid outside her window.

More rain.

It had been raining for an entire week, London spring had truly arrived. Rain upon rain had delayed nearly everything enjoyable. Daphne was supposed to come over with Simon for Eloise's birthday, alas the rain washed all the roads to nothing but deep mud.

Anthony had sent out a letter than he was still postponed about a week off of his travels due to the immense rain that flooded all major roads and bridges. Benedict offered to come fetch him out of the disaster but Violet informed him it would be of no use.

Instead before the storm his Grovoner's Square, Benedict went to a mens club and had yet to return. So Bridgerton Manor was short three Bridgerton men now. Leaving Gregory the only lad in the ton.

With rain washing away all possibilities of playing outside in the now fresh and inviting air, he spent most of his days reading to Ester the newly published Frankenstien. It gave Ester a chill something fierce.

Ester slowly pulled back her covers, seeking a cool glass of milk when suddenly, Ester could feel something rather sticky, warm and wet pooling at her feet. A harsh reality and a slap to the face had her scream out for help. From Mar, from Violet, anybody. Ester was in labor.

************************

Anthony was piss ass drunk. Some peddler on the road had found his make-shift home on the side of the road and said a family friends home was just around the corner and he guaranteed the carriage would make it through the thick mud.

Well, he was wrong indeed.

They got stuck once they left the main path (which was also a muddy mess), and somehow ended up setting up camp, drinking some rich whiskey and here was the Viscount laying in six inch deep mud, singing a sea shanty Benedict taught him, piss ass drunk in the street.

His shoes, clothes, hair and skin were soaking wet, soiled and downright awful smelling. Anthony tripped on his third or fourth bottle, he didn't really remember well. He just remembered falling face first into what he thought was horse shit.

He also remembered making a slight comment on the whiskey saying something of its color being fine before he drowned his sorrows in it's content.

The original thought had him queasy but overtime his drunken thoughts turned into laughter when he noticed it was just warm mud.

The peddler beside him, a Mr. Jameson was also drunk. Singing the words to the shanty all wrong and tried to sing louder than Anthony.

"TO OUR WIVES!" The peddler shouted, swinging another sip into his mouth. Anthony doing the same, only his swig of alcohol missed his mouth mostly and landed in his lap.

"Fuck my wife." The peddler laughed and cheered loudly in retort.

"Who doesn't fuck their wife, mate?!?" A laugh and another swig followed the peddlers extra comment.

Anthony however didn't swig to that. It was a topic that was so...sensitive..for him. Even drunk. Ester, a woman he loved more than any woman was also a woman he hated more than any other woman.

He didn't know if it was everything she had shared and said to him, the way she was on and off like a candlestick or if he just wanted to wet his own wick.

He was proud of himself, turning away as many women as he did. He knew he had matured, become more attractive and yet every advance a woman made to him he would stop their pestering.

Although, if he was honest with himself, getting rid of some sexual tension would make this...tift...with Ester a whole lot easier.

So here he was, sitting in the mud, drunk as he would ever get, thinking of his wife. Despite how much she drove him mad, he couldn't stop thinking about how much he loved her.

He loved her curly ringlet hair that glimmered like gold. He loved the freckles on her face that went from her head to her toes. He loved her eyes, silver like a silver dollar. Her skin was smooth and soft.

Even pregnant with his twins, she still had the beauty of a goddess. Her belly was perfect, with his perfect kids inside. Her face was a little bit more round but the permanent red that adorned her face as she was always flushed was enough for him to love.

He wished he had more time to watch her grow with his babies. Taking another deep swig his eyesight slowly changed into blurry black dots that sent his mind swirling into oblivion. The noise of the Peddlerman beside him singing the sea shanty.

***************************

"AHH!" Ester screamed out, as another hard contraction hit her stomach. Her lower back was on fire and her body was gleaming with a sweat so thick she felt like she was in a tub of warm salt water.

"Eloise!" Eloise was sitting next to Ester, holding her hand tightly, slightly pale but with a book in her lap explaining what little it could about childbirth. Violet had been with Daphne, stuck in the rain so Eloise and Franny, with the help of Mar, was all Ester had.

"Yes oh Mistress of pain?" Eloise said, trying to shake off the exhausting grip Ester had on her hands.

"Tell me something, tell me anything to make this day any better."

Ester had been in labor a total of four hours now and every minute was more intense than the last. The pains took some time to arrive but almost an hour after her waters broke she felt the intense pain that every woman talked about. She felt punched in each fiber of her body reminding her the hardest most painful thing she would ever experience.

Eloise fumbled for a bit and when she didn't say anything, Ester squeezed the sheets surrounding her.

"You cannot think of anything that would keep my mind off my pain for more than three seconds?"

Eloise fumbled for a second and looked to Ester with a look that held deep secrets. Then another contraction hit, with the combination of Mar walking in with a pitcher of hot water, rags and a sewing needle.

"Just a few more supplies and we will just be waiting on the babies." Ester tried to smile but the pain turned it into more of a grimace.

"I just wish there was something to pass the time." Franny said, sitting down in her dress robes keeping her eye on the clock beside her, monitoring the time. After her contraction ended, Ester also looked at the clock.

"Is there really no Whistledown? As much as I hate the gossip column it did make life slightly more interesting!" Eloise let out a whisper of a laugh, one that Ester caught but quickly forgot it.

"Has anyone seen Violet? Benedict? Anthony?" Ester hated to say it but with each stressing pain that filled her heart, mind and body she wanted her husband to be here for this...despite everything, they were his children too.

"No one has heard from the Viscount since Wednesday, Es. Once Viscount Benedict arrives I will see that a post is sent to him immediately." Ester nodded and let Mar dab at the pooling sweat in her head.Tears welled further in her eyes, this was truly awful.

Oh Anthony, where are you?

Hello readers,

DID anyone see the Bridgerton Season 2 trailer? STEAMY! I am so excited!! There are only a few more chapters of this plot line until Season 2 comes out!! EEK! Please comment, like and vote and thank you all so much for supporting Contrite & Convicted!

thequeen2375