Capital R. Rake Part III

*This chapter discusses some serious topics that, in this time period, WOULD have been discussed. I have done extreme research since before Bridgerton season 2 came out for this story line and I wanted to really dive into history of how far we as a society have come regarding specific topics. If you have an issue, comment or corrections please reach out. please DO NOT just use this as an option to spam the comment box with hate*

Capital R. Rake Part III

Lady Danbury's ball was once again one of exquisite taste. Music reverberating throughout the glass greenhouse, people dancing to the music in the most spectacular gowns. Ester herself was one of the many in a beautiful dress.

Ester wasn't one to brag but being a Bridgerton Viscountess had its perks. She was no longer the lowest on the totem pole of society and for once she was thrilled to attend the first party of the season as a married woman of wealth.

She did moreso cry when she left her babies with Mar once again. Leaving her twins alone at night without Ester to sing them a lullaby but after Anthony told her she had to be there for Eloise she straightened her head a little higher and walked out the door.

Anthony and Ester also color coordinated for their first event as a married couple this season and they looked smashing! Anthony wore a black suit, his hair slicked back with a pastel orange colored necktie.

Ester wore a matching pastel colored dress with cream colored gloves. She looked like a tangerine cream ice that Colin told her about in Italy. A small diamond necklace landed on her neck and swept down touching her outlined breasts. Her hair was wound into a high bun with twists and matching diamonds throughout her hair.

The dress she wore was longer than one she usually wore and touched the floor with an inch or two dragging behind her.

Violet walked behind them in a beautiful pastel purple dress and Eloise in a matching dress but light blue in color. Benedict walked with Eloise while offering her words of comfort before they embarked on her first event after the Queen's selection of a diamond.

"Are you excited?" Anthony whispered into his wife's ear. Their arms wrapped around each other as they walked into the front door. Ester smiled and gave a giddy nod. Her nose still tingled from strenuous movement regarding the day before and quite literally running into Viscount Lawrence Bane.

"More than excited, I am entirely thrilled. For once I will able to move without the constrictions of twins inside my stomach, or hanging on my arm." Anthony smiled and kissed Ester above her hairline. Shivers found their way up her arms.

"Good, it pleases me when I see you are happy."

Ester and Anthony walked in through the front door and were immediately stopped by the main fact that someone was already accosting Eloise for a dance. Benedict being the hero he was, swept Eloise away.

Violet stood to the left of Ester and Anthony and began with her usual amount of nerves.

"It truly is a sparse crop." Anthony said, looking at the men who were trying to swarm upon Eloise.

"I am sure there is someone here that will charm her." Ester said, tapping his arm. She could feel him tensing. He was always tense these days.

"I am going to grab some punch." Ester said, already needing something to drink. Almost as soon as she left and Violet said something she didn't understand, a swarm of men and women approached Anthony and his mother. Ester tried not to roll her eyes at the women (married and unmarried) who seemed to care little for the fact Ester was his wife.