Capital R. Rake Part I

Three Months Later

"I don't think it's as bad as you are making it out to be my dear." Ester said while trying not to chuckle at the mass amounts of feathers on top of Eloise's head. Ester was doing her best not to laugh at the way Eloise held herself with the feathers but after Eloise dramatically threw them to the ground she let her laugh slip.

"It's awful Es! I can't possibly be seen like this!?" Ester thought she looked better in the required garments then she did in her own debutante debut. With the shimmering white silk gown covered in gold embroidery. The large white feathers on the head were a bit excessive but Her Majesty the Queen would have nothing less.

"I could be your Mother instead of helping you. Where she would shower you with dozens of compliments. Instead it is I that you must endure." Eloise sighed and shoved on a matching white glove on her right arm, then her left.

"You have a point there sister. I'd rather your presence than that of my hovering and over zealous mother."

"I can hear you!" They heard Violet shout from the other side of the door. Ester and Eloise let out a laugh at the fact that they forgot her doors were smaller than that of the nursery. Speaking of nurseries, where were my children? Ester thought to herself.

Maybe it was a good thing that Mar took them from her while she assisted Eloise, afterall she didn't want to ruin her new dress that the Viscount had purchased for her! She never was one for expressing want or desire for a new dress but now after her stomach had finally shrunk down to its usual size, she was simply thrilled!

It was a beautiful dress of exquisite color, a dress of deep cream that reminded her of flour. Never had she thought that cream was her color but with some pearls, a little of her own gold lace and a deeper neckline she looked something spectacular.

Or as Benedict claimed the "well suited shaping of motherhood". Men. Ester's hair was different than usual as she had let Mar style it in a stunning fashion. Curls were smoothed out to where they were braided into intricate braids that fell into a waterfall curl section in the back. With a small row of diamonds in her thick hair. Eloise's hair was the same as every other young lady today, which was fine with her.

"What if I faint?" Ester wrapped both of her arms around Eloise and gave her a deep and long embrace. After a few moments, Eloise let her own arms wrap around Ester's.

"If you faint, then you faint and Whistledown writes it as the best thing that happened and then by tomorrow it will all be forgotten by another scandal." Eloise's face turned red at the mention of Whistledown.

Ever since Eloise told Ester how she believed she saw Penelope as Whistledown, Ester reminded her she needed proof of such a strong accusation before she confronted her about it. Also this season was about Eloise--not Penelope/Whistledown.

"Truly, could you not do something scandalous for me?" Eloise asked her sister-in-law who had been almost the mention of every article of Whistledown last year.

"I'll do my best to cause a scandal--only for you!" Ester and Eloise's moment was cut short once again by a loud chattering noise outside the door. Eloise squeezed Ester's hand harder when she heard her family shouting at each other. Ester looked to the door.

"You can do this, Eloise. I know it." With that, turned to walk outside to the family she had yet to see since dinner last night. She'd been busy helping with Eloise's nerves.

As she opened the door she was shocked to see the entire Bridgerton family waiting at the door, yes, even Daphne.

"You are not Eloise." Anthony said, looking at his watch. The three ladies maids behind Ester filtered through the crowd, unfazed. Ester looked shocked.