Off To The Races Part II

***LOL sooo sooo sorry that this is so late, I combined two chapter in to one as to officially say sorry!!***

Off To The Races Part II

With a quick shot of the starting gun, before Anthony could retort back to Ester, she was off faster than the horses.

She sat next to Daphne, his mother and Lady Danbury all who looked sour. It must be a married woman objective. He could only imagine their slogan.

Be sour and show the man your power.

"I need to go speak to my wife, pardon me." Anthony said to the people below him but they were so enthralled in the races they didn't hear him. Between the Sharma's shouting around him and the other half of the ton rooting and calling for their horse to win he would never catch her now.

More and more people were arriving into the stands and bleachers and there was no way that he could slip through without knocking over every man, woman and child. As well as getting improperly close to some larger women just to slide past them and back up to his wife.

Accepting his fate Anthony just decided to cheer on the horses like everyone else--which he knew would cause dire issues for him later. He just needed to explain himself. Then Ester would understand. Knowing Ester though he knew it was a challenging feat. 

Soon not even five minutes after the ton had already descended into the crowd to meet and greet the racers and the horses, Anthony seeing what he believed to be his wife's hat, joined them. Little did he know there was another race to be one just behind him.

Kate Sharma waiting a moment before she saw the actual hat of Mrs. Anthony Bridgerton. The scowl present on her face showed that she could look stunning even mad. Walking over to her for a short conversation, Kate spoke out.

"Pardon me, Mrs. Bridgerton." Kate Sharma said to the beautifully pale skinned woman in front of her. However  Ester was choosing to ignore Ms. Sharma entirely.

"Viscountess! I believe you might not have heard me call out to you." Kate said touching Ester's arm and physically notifying her of her newfound presence. Ester dramatically removed her arm from Kate's grip.

Ester tried her best not to turn around and shoot the woman a glare as that would be too obvious in a crowd of this size. So instead a hard jaw and strong eyes was her final decision.

"Yes. I believe I heard you Ms. Sharma, however I am choosing to ignore you." Ester didn't understand what this woman was playing at trying to publicly criticize her and belittle her and now she wanted to speak like friends? Friends who shared a man? Not in hell.

"I would like to make one thing perfectly clear this season, Ms. Sharma. I do not take verbal and public abuse lightly. I have been nothing but polite to you until you decided to draw swords. Read my lips Kate Sharma I am not here to play games, I have already played this game and won. You'd best learn your place." Ester picked up her skirts and walked to the awaiting Benedict who seemed to be sweating an awful lot.

"You didn't have to be so mean, Es." Eloise said with Benedict holding her arm as well.

"Maybe not but I'm done letting Anthony and his harlots walk all over me. It not only disrespects me but you, your family and our children. If he wants to have an open relationship, then so be it!" Benedict went to speak but Ester held her hand out.

"Don't play naive with me, Benedict Bridgerton. You know very well what Anthony is up too and are choosing to not tell me. So you best stay on the right side of the line while I am in a forgiving mood towards you." Benedict paused and contemplated, but nodded.