New Beginnings Part II

Viscount Bridgerton,

I have scoured the Fort William British Army to assist in my endeavors of finding the answers your wife so desperately needs. As my own father was an astounding member of His Majesties Armed Forces, I was able to slip my way up in ranks rather easily.

The information I have uncovered is in quite honesty, shocking. After your...donation and a donation of my own to increase the Constable Grush's pace in this investigation results are finally met at last!

It appears that after finding a credible witness--it is true Lord and Lady Billingsly have been in fact arrested for the murders of Lord and Lady Sloehigh. They located the pair (without their children) in Yorkshire where they drunkenly admitted their crimes.

I would advise that should your dearest wife wish to say goodbye, to do so before they are given the Devil's Noose. I am still looking to inquire regarding specifics should you both have any. I will be staying at Le Goose just up the street from the Constable's office.

Viscount Luca Jorma

P.S- I have attached the letter from Constable Grush should you wish to read his own words on the matter.

Ester tried not to tremble visibly. It was such a rush of emotions for her. She was relieved that the true history of her parents death would be released into the world for all to know. However it shocked her to immeasurable degrees knowing that her sister....her own sister would commit such terrible crimes against two parents that loved and cared for her every day of her life.

"Are you alright?" Anthony said, taking the second letter from the envelope and reading it to himself.

Ester gave a shaky nod and stood up to leave the room. She didn't know where she was headed but she knew that a moment of respite was needed to calm her nerves.

She walked down the stairs and out the door. Locating the garden maze she decided that it was a perfect place to think things through. Taking a left, a right another left, two rights and finally she spotted the garden's swinging bench.

Sitting down upon it, she watched as birds and bees all fluttered around her. Flowers blowing in the wind. It looked like a painting and there Ester was, ruining the painting. Tears flowing down her face. She scrunched her dress into her hands leaving it a wrinkled mess.

Her hair was becoming knotted from the breeze and her other hand moving it around. She made no loud crying noises but soft grunts and groans could be heard from her mouth. It was in this moment that after all that she had been through that this was her releasing everything into one good cry.

************

Ester didn't know what she was thinking as she sat in the polished rocking chair in the nursery, worry covering her brow.

She couldn't leave her angles. She held Jacob in her arms, who still never cried when he needed her. Grunting and scrunching his face was all he could ever muster.

No one knew her babies like her. So while she cuddled into her youngest twin babe, she hummed a soft lullaby. She wasn't ready to go.

Anthony, after Ester returned from her ever flowing tears in the garden asked if she wanted to go with him to Yorkshire. Saying a hesitant yes she realized she wished she could take it back.

No.

She needed to go. She needed closure on her past life with her parents. To be able to let them go. With Anthony's sudden passion for timelines, budgets and finding Eloise a suitable Suitor she knew this was the only time they'd be even able to go.