Anxiety and Anger Part 2

Sophia's POV:

I run back to my room as quickly as I can and then slam the door and lock it. Seconds later, I hear Clay trying to open the door, too bad for him it is locked. I hear him say, sounding aggravated, "Sophia Grace, you are too old to act like this, just come out and we can go have a nice lunch, it doesn't have to be a big thing." I shout back "No! I'm not going, I don't need stupid therapy!" He responds, clearly trying not to yell, "This is not helping anything. You are going to that appointment whether you like it or not." I respond angrily "You can't make me!" He says "Soph, I can make you, but I would much rather you go willingly." I move to sitting in front of the door with my knees curled up to my chest and try to hold back the tears. After a long pause, he says, sounding less angry now, "You know I have a key to all of these doors Sophia?" I can't come up with much of a response, I just choke out "Bubby, please." I don't even know what I am asking for: please don't make me go? please do? please make this all go away? I hear the lock in the door click and he slowly pushes the door open, sliding me with it. He and Amelia walk in and then close the door again. I scoot backwards so that my back in against the door again and just put my head in my hands, I can't even look at them, I'm too embarrassed. They both sit down next to me, one on each side of me, and Clay puts his arm around me and pulls me close to his side. I bury my face into him and let the tears flow. I manage to choke out. "I'm scared bubby, I don't want something to be wrong with me." He squeezes me a little tighter and says "I've got you Soph, you don't need to be scared, okay?" I just kind of nod into him and he continues "Your brain is sick kiddo and just like when your body is sick, you need to go to a doctor who knows how to help you. That doesn't mean anything bad about you." I nod again, I don't know if I believe him, but it kind of makes sense. He kisses the top of my head and lets me keep crying into him. I feel Amelia hold my hand and I can see her mouth move as she prays over me. Between the two of them, for this exact moment at least, I feel a little less scared.

Clayton's POV:

I hold Sophia tightly as she cries into me. It hurts so badly to see her in so much pain and to not be able to do anything about it. My job is to protect her and I don't know how to protect her from this. I look over and see Amelia holding Sophia's hand and praying over her and I realize that is the one thing I can do about this. So, for a couple of minutes we just sit there as Amelia and I both pray over Sophia. I don't stop praying until she has stopped crying and calmed down. I hear her take a deep breath and say "Thanks guys, I'm sorry about that." I start to respond, but before I can Amelia says "No need to apologize kiddo, we are here for you." Sophia looks from Amelia to me and I nod. She smiles and looks relieved. I ask "I think we've still got time for lunch, if you guys are up for it?" Amelia looks at Sophia and when she nods we all stand up. I hug Soph again and then say "Why don't you go wash your face kiddo?" She nods and heads to the bathroom, as soon as she is out of earshot I sigh heavily. Amelia looks at me and I just say "I am exhausted." she doesn't say anything at first, just put her hand on my shoulder and then I hear her start praying over me too. I can physically feel some of the weight lifting off of me, and I offer a silent "Amen" as well. That's about all I can muster right now, but I know it is enough, it is always enough. When she looks back at me I say "Thank you" quietly and she just hugs me tightly. Wow, I needed that. After a moment, she lets go and looks at me seriously and says "I've got you." I start to object, trying to muster up something about how I can handle it by myself, but she barely lets me start speaking before interrupting, sternly but mostly joking, "Clayton James, you better not be about to back talk me." I smirk and say "No ma'am." kissing her quickly. I am so thankful for her, I don't deserve her. I really need to check in and make sure that she is doing okay too, she is the only one really holding it together right now, and I am sure that is not easy. She smiles and says "That's better. Now, come on, let's go get some food!" and grabs my hand and pulls me out to the living room. Soph meets us in the living room and we all head to a burger joint.