3

"What do you want?" The feisty manager asked. It turns out her name's Catherine.

I was in the diner that I had washed dishes at begging for a job as a waitress.

"Okay, I know we started off on a rough patch but I just wanna make some money to take care of myself. Besides, I am a wonderful waitress" I wasn't. I'd never even had a real job, I had no working experience whatsoever and here I was bragging that I was a wonderful waitress, pfft yeah right.

"Have you ever been a waitress before?" She asked. "Yes, I have" no I hadn't. She didn't seem to care about the experience though, because she gave me the job.

"What's your name girl?" She asked.

"Olivia" I answered. She smiled and then,

"Okay Olivia, don't mess up and don't flirt with the male customers unless you want an extra tip" she winked and I smirk ed. I was actually irritated but I masked it.

"Okay, come get your uniform." She lead the way into the backroom and I followed. While we walked I couldn't help asking,

"Erm, ma'am, that guy I was talking to the other day does he walk here?" She stopped walking immediately and said simply,

"Don't get involved with him, trust me girl." I smiled but I still wondered why she said not to get involved with him. The way she said it made it look like it was a big deal and that he was dangerous, he seemed like a nice guy to me.

We walked into a small office, she walked to a small door, opening it, she walked in and soon emerged with a blue T-shirt.

She said I would have to wear it a pair of black trousers or a black skirt. I took off my black shirt and wore the blue one instead since I was already wearing black trousers.

Honestly, the shirt was hideous but I didn't care, it was all about the money. Speaking of the money I asked,

"So, how much will I be paid?" She smiled and said, "ten dollars an hour." Wow, that was a lot of money. I smiled as well and just stood there nodding my head.

"Well, get your lazy butt out there" she said. I saluted, "yes ma'am" I said to which she chuckled. I walked out of the office and started my first day.

****
Oh! My God. I've never been so bored in my life. So being a waitress sucks. I honestly expected it to be better. So far so bad.

All the customers were asses and so annoying, the other waitress was a total two faced bitch. She pretended to be nice to me in front of Miss Catherine and became this sick mona lisa when she wasn't around. Her name is Kristen but I wasn't sure how well that name fitted her.

She sashayed towards me and I rolled my eyes, she looked annoyed, good. "The guy at table nine wants you and not me" she flipped her red hair over her shoulder, popping a bubble gum. "But why?" I asked. I honestly didn't feel like attending to any customers, especially not some guy who wants me. "Well, I guess we'll find out" she said, ugh bitch.

I walked to the table and was very surprised to see who sat there. It was the guy from the the day before yesterday. He smiled brightly when he saw me and I suddenly felt self conscious. He gestured to the sit in front of him and asked me to sit and I obliged.

"Hello" he said, politely. "Hi." There was nothing strange or dangerous about him. Infact, he was rather sweet.

"I'm Collins by the way" he said, maintaining his bright smile.

"Olivia" I returned his smile and he grinned.

"Sorry, but Kristen is a lot and you seemed like my best choice compared to her" he chuckled softly.

"Well it's good to know I'm not the only who thinks she's a handful." We both laughed.

"May I take your order?" I decided to cut to the chase. Besides my boss said I shouldn't get involved with him, whether or not he was dangerous I didn't want to lose my job.

"Actually, I was on my way out. I just wanted to talk to you." I blushed but he didn't see it because of my skin.

"Okay, have a nice day" I stood up from the chair and walked away.

What the hell was that? He wanted to talk to me? Since when does someone want to talk to me? I asked myself these questions.

However, I didn't get the chance to answer them because Kristen interrupted me.

"I thought you weren't the type to flirt." She was referring to Collins and I. I didn't feel like explaining so I simply said, "I'm not." I walked towards the cashier desk where Kevin, the cashier flashed me a grin, as if to say I saw you and the guy. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up" I said simply. "I wasn't even attempting to speak." Kevin was a nice guy. I just met him that day and he was very friendly to me.

We instantly became friends. He was an open book and he told me all about himself. I couldn't tell him anything about me though, at least not yet. He told me that he was twenty three years old, he was gay and engaged to a certain Xavier whom he talked about more often that he breathes.

His father's name was Austin.

While I walked home, my mind drifted to what Kevin told me. He said his dad's name was Austin but I couldn't help thinking why that name was so familiar. I let it roll off my back and decided it was nothing.