12

"Olivia?" Kevin called.

It had been a week since I last spoke to him. I couldn't face him. Only God knew how he viewed me now. I wasn't ready to know that yet.

He walked towards me and I just wanted to run away but I figured it would be better to hear how he got that information.

He stood a few feet away from me, brows furrowed in concern. He was always concerned and it reminded me of my mum. My heart ached and all I did was clench my jaw.

Expressionless.

That was how I kept my face. He wouldn't receive a reaction from me.

Empty.

I had to leave my eyes empty, they always gave me away.

And then I smiled. I saw the fear flash through his eyes and my heart broke. I couldn't blame him. I was a murderer, who wouldn't be scared

But it broke because deep down inside of me, I liked the look in his eyes and it hurt knowing that I really was a psychopath.

***
KEVIN

She smiled.

She actually smiled.

I wanted to hug her and be there for her but, right then all I could see was a deranged murderer and it made my feet cold with fear.

Why?

Why would someone as amazing as her, have done something like...murder.

I didn't want to believe it but I knew it was true once I heard it.

She always kept her past a mystery from me whenever we talked and now I knew why.

But...why?

"How are you?" I asked and as the words came out of my mouth, I knew it was a stupid question.

She couldn't be fine.

"Bad." She muttered darkly, I shuddered.

That smile, it used to be beautiful. Now it was just horrifying.

She took a few steps towards me and I fought the urge to walk backwards.

She was my friend and she needed me. I would be there.

"We need to talk." I said and she raised her brows, her smile never wavering.

Who was this person?

"Clearly." She said, calmly. I bit my lip.

I would be there.

"I killed a man Kev, shouldn't you be running for your dear life?" She said, with a faint, amused giggle. I swallowed hard, trying my hardest to ignore the sinister look in her eyes.

I would be there.

I walked towards her and wrapped my hands gently around her back, stroking her hair lightly. She tensed, froze then tried to pull away, but my concern for her never wavered and I tightened my grip around her, knowing that she needed the hug.

I would be there.

She relaxed finally and leaned on my body, resting her cheek on my shoulder. I continued to stroke her hair but froze when I felt something on my shoulders.

Tears?

She sobbed and her shoulders shook gently and she finally let herself feel.

I smiled.

I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me. Her brown eyes held so much pain, I could hardly believe it was real.

Such a good girl, broken just because.

I wiped her tears away with my thumb and smiled at her.

"It's not okay, but it will be." I muttered and she closed her eyes, letting more years to fall. I let her rest her head on my shoulder again, as she cried and cried.

Let it all out honey, let it all out.

"Thank you." I heard her mutter and I smiled. I tapped her back lightly, muttering a "it's fine."

She sniffled and pulled away, wiping the rest of her tears with the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry I made you feel like that, sometimes I just lose it." She muttered with a very humourless chuckle.

Her walls were back, but I wouldn't allow it. I gave her a very determined and stern look, and she blinked twice trying to play dumb.

Like she didn't just cry a few seconds ago.

"We really need to talk." I said, sternly.

"About?" She asked, deliberately.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the stool in the kitchen.

"Now."

She sighed and muttered something under her breath and I just rolled my eyes further.

Glad to see she was back.

"Well, as you know, I killed a man." She said calmly and I nodded my head, giving her signs to continue.

But she only shrugged and said, "that's it."

I face palmed myself, sighing at her incredibly childish behaviour. I should've have known that she was just ....dumb.

"Why?"

She froze. It was a touchy subject, I could tell from her body language. I could feel the tension radiating off of her and I knew that what she was about to say was a very, very dark part of her life.

***

A/N

Shitty chapter, I know. I sort of disappeared and I'm sorry. But I'm back😎