19

"Lord have mercy, I think I might become straight because of you." Kevin teased as I walked out of his room, fully dressed. My hair done, makeup worn, dress worn and shoes worn as well. Kevin had dyed the tips of my hair blonde and it was in a ponytail. He had done my nails and my makeup and honestly I didn't even know how to thank him. I had some accessories on, also given to me by my dear friend Kevin and a super cute Gucci bag.

Kevin's da best!

I had a spare five minutes before Collins arrived and I was nervous.

Kevin sensed this and tried to relax me. "Look, I know he's hot and you could go there and embarrass yourself in so many ways like falling down and falling face first and ruin your makeup since you can't walk properly on heels, you could order too much food and eat like a starved pig and look very unsexy or you could splash water all over the table. Heck he could try to kiss you and you'd burp into his mouth and you could even-"

"Kevin!" I shut him up before he made me even more nervous. I had a feeling most of that were his experiences.

"Sorry sorry, bad memories." I was right.

"Point is, just be you, be chill don't stress too much cause stress kills the sexiness. Just do you and enjoy the night." I nodded and smiled.

"Alright let's practice your walking." I tried to walk across the hall but i didn't do so well.

"You look like a turkey on heels." Kevin said in between fits of laughter.

Bitch.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You just gotta get balanced you know, you're lifting your legs on the heels, relax your ankles and get balanced."

I followed his advice and it actually worked. It was sad, I had to be taught how to be a girl by a guy.

"Alright, there we go. You were made for the runway girl. Look at you, you're a born model soooooo hot!" I smirked and decided to walk a little faster on it and that's when I tripped and fell.

I groaned and glared at Kevin who was laughing so hard. "Help me hoe." He frowned at that and I smirked. He walked away refusing to help. "Please, my dress is getting rumpled."  He sighed and helped me up.

"Avoid running or walking really fast." He said, helping me to smoothen out the small wrinkles on the dress. I smiled at him and nodded.

"I want details of everything. Omit one thing, and I will murder you." I nodded frantically.

HUNK!

Kevin rolled his eyes. "He could've just called you to get your ass down." I cringed and gave him a look.

"Oh my God, he doesn't have your number?"

"He doesn't." He face palmed himself, pinching the bridge of his nose. I grinned.
"Okay get out before I whack some sense into you." He said, waving his comb at me. I gulped and grabbed the Gucci bag he gave me.

I stopped at the mirror close to his door to admire myself once more. Kevin leaned on the wall and gave me wink. "You got this." He said gently and I gave him a thumbs up as I walked out and shut the door.

Kevin was an extraordinary friend. I'd never had one like him. Heck I had never had one before so he really was special. I'd laughed more these past few weeks that I'd been out of jail than I had in twenty years. I owed him a lot for this glimpse of happiness. I hope it last.

The ride down the elevator was agonizingly long. But I blame it one my over excitement. Finally the elevator reached the ground floor and I walked out. My eyes immediately landed on Collins sitting beside the receptionist table, texting furiously on his phone.