23

Fuck.

"You're-" I couldn't even complete the sentence. Of course he was one of them, it only made sense that way. From day one, he had been in my house with a gun to my head, been following me around like a parasite. It was so obvious.

But I guess I eliminated him as a suspect the moment he told me I was in danger. Because why would he do that if he was part of that danger?

Okay now I was confused.

"I see you're puzzled. Let me explain." He said.

Finally.

"Do you remember that your mother and I used to date in the past?" He asked and I nodded, having no idea where this was going.

"Well, your mother had gotten herself involved with some bad guys before she met me. One of those bad guys was your father."

Oh.

"He was part of the organization, so after she got pregnant for him she realized what they were really into and ran off. But obviously he wanted his child. So he tracked her down, but right when he finally found her, he died. That was when your step father, the head of the organization decided to pick up the case in place of his good friend."

I was still lost. How did that have to do with the fact that Austin is in the mother freaking organization that wants to kill me?!!

"So he found her and at the time your mother and I were still together. He took you guys away from me." He said, with the most defeated expression I had ever seen on a man's face before. He suddenly looked so sad and depressed I was shocked. Maybe he really did love my mum.

The memory broke me too. Even though I couldn't remember a lot of things, I could still remember the day I met him. My very own curse.

Wait, is that why?...

"After they killed her I began to think of ways to save you and get my revenge on them. But once they took you to jail, that was the last straw for me. I crafted my plan and that is exactly what I'm putting into action right now. I created an organization that is made up of people who have lost dear ones to your step father's organization and we are dedicated to bringing them down."

God?
Why can't my life just be simple?

"So you want me to work for you." I stated and he nodded.

"Yep. Even though I'm a part of the organization I've not been able to breach the inner circle. That's where the head and all his goons are." He said and I nodded.

"The head's pretty smart then." He nodded.

"He keeps his identity unknown and is only ever around his carefully selected board of directors. Even they don't know who he is. He always has a mask on."

"I see."

He suddenly grabbed money from his wallet and dropped it on the table. He stood and left the booth. I gazed up at him with a confuse expression.

"Let's get outta here." He said casually and I shook my head. Was he crazy? He wanted me to go out in this weather?! Hell no!

"Come on." He said and walked away without even waiting for my response.

Um, rude!

I stood up from the sit and left the booth as well, walking quickly to catch up with him since he was already at the door of the cafe.

"Hey would you slow down!" I called once I was out. I instantly shuddered and wrapped my arms around my body in an attempt to warm myself.

He turned a corner and was soon out of my sight. I groaned and ran after him. I turned and saw him climbing some steps to an old building. Why were we even going here?