17

"How do you know where I live?" I asked him. He shoved his left hand into the pocket of the black pants of the suit he wore. His dark eyes watched me closely.

The same way they had watched me last night.

He removed his eyes from my face and examined my room.

"Quite a house you've got here." He said with a small smile. He ignored my question. "The ceiling's about to fall out and the floor boards creak everytime you take a step." I smiled at him and took a sit on the old plastic chair in the corner of my room. He sat at the edge of my bed, straightening out the wrinkles of my blanket with his palm.

The tension was getting suffocating.

"Are you at least going to answer my question?" I asked and he looked at me again.

"No."

I frowned.

"What do you want Xavier?" He smirked and placed his hands on his thighs.

"I was hoping to have a civil conversation with you." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. What could he possibly have to talk about with me?

"About?" I asked. He placed his arms behind him on my bed, leaning on it and tilting his head to the side.

"It seems you and Kevin are quite close. He never really talks to anyone talk more of having a...'best friend' I believe that's how he put it. I just wanted to get to know you better that's all." It was hard to believe Kevin didn't talk to anyone, he was just always so bubbly. Maybe I didn't know him the way I thought I did.

I scoffed.

But did he seriously think that the best ways to get to know me better was to watch me late at night and track me down in my own home? I think not.

"I know it seems strange but I have a feeling about you Olivia, like there's more to you than meets the eye." He raised his brows as if saying no?

Same here Xavier. And you're not wrong.

"I'll ask again, how do you know where I live?" I didn't believe him at all. His eyes told me all I needed to know. He didn't trust me and the feeling was mutual.

I needed him out of my house, right after I got some answers.

He frowned, his face darkening at my tone and sudden hostility.  He stood up and paced around the room. I was on high alert, I didn't trust him one bit. It's not like I trust anyone anyway.

"It's not very hard to find one in such a small town Olivia. All I had to do was make a little research on you." He said with a dark look. I froze.

What exactly did he see on the internet?

Something occured to me. Why didn't anyone remember who I was? At the time of the murder I was everywhere, on the fucking news. But now all of a sudden it seemed no one, not even one person remembered the girl murderer.

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the privacy. But it was strange. And now, only God knew what Xavier saw and knew.

Maybe he didn't see it.

Who am I kidding, it's the first thing that would pop up once you looked me up.

Fuck me.

And here I was thinking that I could keep it all a secret.

Shit.

Why was my life so fucked up?

I looked at him and asked the question.
"And what did you see?" I praised myself for keeping my voice so steady and confident. Even though I wasn't so sure I could keep it up.

Sigh.

"Olivia Blunt, born in San Francisco but was raised in Bozeman Montana. Was born on the 8th day of December 2000. No talk of a father but it did mention a step father and a mother. And your address was right there at the bottom of the screen."

"That's all?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows, giving me a quizzical look.

"Was there supposed to be more?" He asked and I shrugged. He watched me for a bit and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

He didn't know.

I took a deep breath of relief and felt my muscles relax. Kevin kept his promise and didn't tell anyone.

Thank-

"Look, this was absurd and disrespectful of me. I do hope that you'd accept my sincerest apologies. I have some trust issues and Kevin's the love of my life, I guess I just wanted to quench this gut feeling that you're not who you say you are." He said softly and offered me a smile. I returned it.

"And?" I asked.

"I'm not sure I trust you completely but at least I'm rest assured now." He said and chuckled, shaking his head. I furrowed my eyebrows confused but smiled.

"I came here wanting to intimidate you, wasn't that just silly?" He asked rhetorically. I just shook my head as well.

It was silly, really fucking silly.

"Well I'll be off now and please don't tell Kevin about this, he'd get really mad and then I'd be in trouble." He blushed slightly and I couldn't stop myself from giggling. The big bad Xavier was scared of Kevin? It was so amusing and cute.

I nodded my head, "I won't." I said and he offered me a small smile before walking out of the room. I followed him out and we made our way down the stairs. He paused staring at the splash of dry blood on the wall. He turned back to me and raised a brow. I cursed internally.

Should've cleaned the fucking wall.

"Accident." I said with a shrug hoping he would buy it. He stared at me for a brief moment before walking down the stairs. I let out a breath of relief and followed him again.

Jesus Christ.

He opened the front door, and was just about to leave when I stopped him. "Um... Xavier?" He turned and gazed at me questioningly.

"Do you know anyone named Collins?" He furrowed his eyebrows and gazed up, as if trying to remember. He looked back at me and shook his head. I took in a deep breath and nodded.

"Why?"

"No particular reason, I just wanted to confirm something." I said and he nodded even though the expression on his face made me know he was confused.

"Alright then. Good day, Olivia." And with that he left.

I walked back into my house and went straight to grab the phone I had just bought. Unlocking it I went straight to Google and typed in the nickname I had back then.

The case of the girl murderer, 2013.

I closed my eyes, preparing myself for whatever it is I would find. I opened my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

Error
We didn't find anything on your search, please try again later.

What the hell?

A/N

Okay, now I'm getting confused 😹😹
What the actual fuck is going on here??!!!!!

Anyway, I'll be going back to school soon.
Bleh.

I'll see you when I see you lovelies!! Mwah!

Xxx.