Teammates

(A/N: sorry for the delayed update, but I was doing some changes in past chapters. I also made a trailer for this story, you can now see it in first chapter. Anyway that would be all for now, thanks to everyone who gave my story a try. See you <3 )

Cadence's POV
at Avengers compound...

Right after we arrived, I was brought to the main lobby. There was Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye sitting on a couch, Thor sitting by the mini bar and Dr. Banner walking around deep in thoughts. "This is your new teammate, addition to Avengers, Cadence Brock." said Nick Fury, which woke me from the zone-out. Cap stood up first, coming up to me. "Steve Rogers, great to have you here Miss Brock. I've heard about you, you did great job last time." he shook my hand. "I'm Natasha, you can just call me Nat." Black widow came to me next. "It's great to have another woman to the team, makes it more survivable surrounded by so much testosterone." she pats my shoulder. "I'm Clint." Hawkeye just waves from couch. "Pleasure to meet you Lady Cadence." Thor came to me and kissed the back of my hand. "Well, you haven't met everyone yet, but they will show up sooner or later." said Nat sitting back on couch. Suddenly, Tony Stark walked into lobby, still looking at his tablet.
"Hey Bruce, have you seen the microchip from my cameras? I can't seem to—" he stopped in his tracks as he saw me. "What is, w-wait what are you do-" he stuttered and I quickly had to do something before he exposes my secret. I ran to him at the speed of light and dragged him into another room so no one could hear us. "Shhh, shut up!" I said to him. "What the hell are you doing here?!" he was still in shock. "They made me an Avenger but that's not important now. You can't tell anyone about me, understand?!" I almost yelled. "But why?" he was still shakily replying. "Because no one can know, at least not yet, you knowing is a mistake and a fail." I tried to explain it to him. "You know already it's a symbiote so you damn well know how dangerous he is so make it easier for both of us and keep your mouth shut." I threatened. "Alright I won't, but you have to tell them one day." He said, walking off. "Yeah, when the time is right." I mumbled to myself.

I decided to blow off some steam so I went to gym. When I came, there already was someone. "Hello there, we haven't met yet!" I greeted, sounding more like a question. The man turned around and I was frozen in place. I was absolutely mesmerized by the figure standing in front of me. A shirtless hottie whose body was sculpted like by Greek gods. I just couldn't take my eyes off until he decided to talk, making me realize I was staring. "Uh hi." he said. God his voice was so dreamy. "You must be James Barnes, right?" I said wanting to sound intelligent. "Yeah but you can just call me Bucky." he answered quietly. So this was the Bucky. A member of the Howling Commando and Cap's best friend in war and in childhood. Also later known as the infamous Winter soldier. One of the world's best assassins, under HYDRA's control. I know he killed many, but I also know it wasn't his fault, he didn't do it by choice, he was brainwashed. But this topic must be really sensitive for him so I better not talk about it. I once again took a glance at him, now my eyes focused on his silver metal left arm, with a red Soviet star on lower shoulder. He looked at me to see which direction I was looking at now and when he saw I was looking at his arm, he looked down and his facial expression was saddened. "Oh wait it's not what it looks like, I was actually admiring your arm." I tried to make him happy again. "I mean it probably carries bad memories, but you should focus on the good things that the arm can do." I smiled a bit. "Please, I'm sorry if I made you sad. Hug?" I offered him. He smiled for a second and then i hugged him. I don't know why tho. I don't usually hug people I just met but I felt like I needed to do this, like HE needed it. And it felt so nice, so warm, so good and so right, I could stay in his embrace forever.
"Mhhhurgh god, how long are you going to stay like that?!" Of course Carnage had to ruin the moment. Thank god no one beside me can hear him. I want to keep things that way for as long as I can. "I still don't understand why are you hiding me." he said a bit irritated. "Not the time C, just ignore all of this, I will talk to you when I get to my room." I told him through mind, even tho it hurts and it's very hard, I couldn't just start talking to him. It would look like I'm talking to myself, or worse, Bucky might think I'm crazy and I don't want that. "Alright, I'll see you around." I said to Bucky, walking off.

I got to my room, took a shower, changed into some comfy clothes and as soon as i sat on my couch, Carnage just popped out. (Like in this pic)

"I've gotta say, this is the first time you showed this kind of affection towards someone

"I've gotta say, this is the first time you showed this kind of affection towards someone. I feel like you might have a thing for that soldier." he just said out of blue. "Me?! Having crush?! Oh my god, no, it's too soon." I tried dodging this topic. "I've never said it was a crush, but now that you just admitted it." "I didn't say anything like that!" "Then why are you being so defensive and passive aggressive." "Am not. I'm just...guarding my truth." Yeah, I was definitely losing this argument. "Okay, then explain your blush and increasing heartbeat when you see him." "Oh my god! You pay attention to that?!" "I pay attention to everything that happens to your body. To stop some heart attack maybe." "Oh shut it." Even tho I didn't like the idea of it. Carnage was kind of right. There definitely is some sexual attraction that I feel, but isn't it too soon to develop a crush? Anyhow, no matter what, I'm just gonna try to act as normal as possible, make friends here, train and maybe one day they can accept me as an official Avenger, an official part of their team.