Promises and compromises

Cadence's POV
Remember when I said that I will try to keep Carnage a secret for as long as possible. (I mean, Tony knew already but I think I scared him enough so he will keep shut.) Well guess what, just one week after I promised this to myself, another teammate found out, and let me tell you, it wasn't by far how I expected it to happen.

So I was just casually walking to the main kitchen when suddenly, Nat tried to attack me. Well it wasn't a real attack, she just wanted to test my cautiousness and reflexes. But Carnage sensed there was something wrong so as soon as he saw a pocket knife flying my direction, he went into protect and attack back mode. He first stopped the knife with his tentacle, he threw it at the wall so it was stuck deep in there and then because he was already not in a good mood he transformed us, him being the one in control now.

He then just roared and leapt straight at Natasha, pinning her to the wall. "This was a wrong choice to attack usss." he said more like a growl. "I don't know what you were trying to achieve you sneaky fox, but know that I will keep a closer eye on you from now on. It is my duty to protect Cade as she is my host and a friend in one and I won't let
you hurt her." he said in a threatening voice. When he finished his speech he transformed us back into human form. "Listen Nat, from this now I see that you still don't trust me, but this isn't a way to test it." I said sounding a little desperate. "No you misunderstood, I am actually trusting you more and more as days pass. This was just JUST about testing your physical condition." she said apologetically. "Now, explain to me, what I just witnessed. I've seen aliens, people injected with super-soldier serum but this?" she asked confused. "Well he is a kind of an alien, he indeed, isn't from this planet. His name is Carnage and he is a symbiote. Anyway, you can't tell anybody about Carnage, I'm trying to keep him secret, at least for now. I'm not obviously doing a good job since now 2 of you know about him but still, the majority of the team doesn't."  She thought for a while and then she said: "Alright, I won't tell. But you better do it yourself soon."  "Thanks, and will do, don't worry." I said, relieved and now continuing with my life.

I was in my room, looking at my knife collection from my mother and that's when I decided to call her. "Hi mum how are you holding up?" I asked cheerfully. "Oh we are fine my dear. Danny is learning to live with Phage and he is doing a progress. Dad started spending more time with us now that you're gone, probably as a protection. And I am alright I guess? I go to gym everyday, work, help Danny and this is our daily routine now. But we miss you." she said sadly. "And how are you?" now she said it more happy. "So far so good. It's been only 2 weeks but I think I'm starting to slowly blend in." I fake smiled. "I'm glad to hear that." she giggled. "And how's Carnage?" she asked, which caught me by surprise. "Finally someone cares to ask how's Carnage. I think I might switch hosts with Mania." Carnage decided to say after his long silence. "Uh he's doing good, he's flattered you asked about him." I told mum. "And I'm hungry for some brains."  "And he's hungry for some brains." I repeated after him which made my mum laugh. Then I heard a knock on my door. "Well I gotta go now, bye mom." I said turning my phone off. "Come in!" As I said this, Tony peeked through half opened door. "Look, i think we started on a wrong foot, could we maybe start over?" he said, sitting opposite me on a chair. "Um yeah sure." I answered immediately. I was actually glad that he asked, I didn't like the tension between us either. "Great, because I was so amazed by your combat skills and I made you a suit." he said, showing it to me.

" he said, showing it to me