What did you expect?

Somewhere in Belgium...
Cadence's POV
It's been 2 months now that I've been living in Belgium. I explored this glamorous country. From crowded but beautiful Brussel to quiet countrysides. But I never stayed in one place for too long, still scared of my past catching up to me. However, turns out it's not the brightest idea. After that month I almost run out of money because I didn't have a stable work schedule. So then I finally decided to settle down in one place and I found myself a great job. I work at a library n' bookstore and teach kickboxing as a side job. After my arrival I had to explain everything to my parents and I'm glad they understood me, so now we Videochat once a week. I also miss my friends from San Fran, Haylen, Kai, Lucas and Mona. Good thing I managed to find some friends here also. Speaking of missing someone, I also miss my second family, the Avengers. I miss the girls nights out, combat trainings with Nat, movie watching with Wanda, morning runs with Steve, parties with Tony, spying and then gossiping with Clint. But mostly, I miss Bucky. I miss cuddling with him. I miss his smile, his eyes, his touch, his lips on mine... I've been thinking about how much have I probably hurt him. Not gonna lie, I cried myself to sleep the first week because of this. I just hope that he found a way to cope with that, I can only hope that he's happy. Even if it means that he hates me.

Back at Avengers compound
Bucky's POV
Two months...two fucking months of her being gone. I don't know anything about her, I don't even know if she's alive. Okay no, let's not think about this into these extremes. "Hey Buck, you okay? You've been staring blankly into nothing again." Steve grabbed my shoulder. "Mmhmm." I said, a bit zombie-like. "I felt like you've been drowning yourself in dark thoughts sooo, what do you say, I set you up for a date." he said cheerfully. "No Steve, god no I can't." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. "Why not? You were always a ladies man in 40s." he nudged. "Well newsflash, things have changed since then, I CHANGED through those goddamn 70 years." I said annoyed. "Besides...I stopped being that way since I met her." I whispered. "I just...hope she's happy..." I looked down.

3rd POV
Both of them wanted happiness for each other, yet none of them were actually happy. Beside that longing for each other, lives went on smoothly. Almost unrealistically smoothly. After all, good things don't tend to stick along for long...

Cadence's POV
"Another successful day at work behind me." I said to Carnage on my way home. "Indeed. Even those consumed-by-puberty kids were nice during training." "I think we deserve a hot bath."  "And chocolate."  "And chocolate." I chuckled, setting down the keys, finally at home. "Wait, don't panic, but I sense someone else's presence in our apartment."  "How am I supposed to NOT panic when they are in our house!" I said through mind so I don't make noise. "Just stand still, I'm trying to figure out how many of them are here through audio vibrations and their heartbeats."  "Fuck, I'm scared after so much time of nothing happening."  "Well shit, this is bad."  "What is?"They are at least four."  "Nah, we can easily take them down."  "Okay let's do this."  I transformed into Carnage and quickly searched the apartment and found those men. So I attacked them. With my tentacles I pinned one to wall and carnage bit his head off. First down. I repeatedly stabbed another one with 7 tentacles. Second one dead. Two to go. As I was about to attack another one, a little object on his belt started to make a terrible noise that hurt so much, making me forcefully transform back to myself. That earned them a chance to pin me to the wall. "You thought you were real clever huh?" One of them growled. "But we are more clever, you see, we found some information about you and your little parasite you've got there before we came to take you." said the other one. "Maybe you killed those two, but those were just a droplets in the ocean." said the first one again. Ohh shit! I know that logo...no no no...these were HYDRA agents! I didn't even have time to react, I just felt a bolt shock to my head and I blacked out.

these were HYDRA agents! I didn't even have time to react, I just felt a bolt shock to my head and I blacked out

I woke up in a dark rotting cell. I don't even know what time it is, for how long have I been out, or where they had taken me. I saw a guard passing by my cell so I tried my luck and shouted at him. "Hey you! Where am I?!" I banged my arm on the glass wall. "HYDRA base, Ghent." The guard answered coldly. So we are still in Belgium. If Avengers find something wrong they might find me. God what am I thinking, they don't even track me probably, they haven't reached to me once. I mean it's sad but I'm not angry because, again, I AM the one that left. "What's going to happen to me? Why am I here?!" I yelled angrily. "You ask too many questions alien girl, but don't worry, your questions will be answered at the right time." He left, grinning. Alien girl...oh shit. Carnage. That's why they're after me. They didn't take me because of Avengers, they don't want to interrogate me, they want Carnage.

After a few hours in cell and some sedatives, they chained me up and brought to their leader's office. "Well well, who do we have here." said the tall man in uniform. "Before you get your hopes up, Avengers are not going to find you even if you sent some alarm. We knew about the symbiote inside you and your abilities long enough and we did our researches and we tracked you down, waiting for right moment to strike. We also hacked the tracking system from Avengers making them think that you are in Denmark and that you live there. Well there go my chances. "And I have bad news for you. Carnage is connected with me by blood, so you can't actually get him out of me." I tried to stand my place. And that was a lie, there is actually a way to separate us but let's hope they don't know. "Oh don't worry, we're not taking him from you. We will do the experiments either way. Whether you survive or not is not my problem. My main priority is that parasite." he dusted off his coat. "D-don't worry Caddy, I-i won't let them h-hurt you." said Carnage weakly. Even tho he couldn't transform us due to those serums they are injecting me with, I could still feel his presence and that he would heal me. "We will start the experiments tomorrow. Now, off you go, back to your cell." said the leader, pointing to the door.

They threw me to my cell like a piece of meat. But besides some cuts and bruises I was fine, thank god. I'm so scared I really don't know what will happen to me, to Carnage... The guard came back and tossed me some old food and a bowl of water as if I was a dog. I just realized, what horror am I living in. A small dark old cell with one toilet, old and shattered prison-like bed, no windows because we were probably in underground. No shower or running water, no blankets or pillows and I would get fed and get water only twice a day. And even the food isn't actually a gourmet deal, probably some old scraps of food that the workers didn't eat. I laid on the hard bed and continuously failed to fall asleep.

I mean, come on...what did you expect? To all the happy things to last forever? I don't think so.