Salvation

Some time later...
Location: unknown
Cadence's POV

At this point I think I've became skinnier and my skin started losing color. Of course I have Carnage, but I can't use our remaining strength for my appearance, when our life is at stake. Even healing now takes longer, we've became so weak with so little food and water they are giving us. They still put my brain in blender every day, not seeming to give up until they get what they want. Manipulation. They want me to be their puppet, but I'll fight. This is something I'm not giving up on. My head, and (even restricted) free will. I will never let myself be in HYDRA's service. To still think about what they've been doing to Bucky for over 70 years...it just makes my blood boil and enrages me so much, if I had the power, I would avenge him. But that's a big IF. A week ago, I tried to break free and they gave me a nasty scar even Carnage can't heal.

Now I'm laying in a pool of my own blood, from what they slit my throat and left me like that here in my cell, Carnage is slowly healing it, but after 5 minutes I just stopped him because I feel like it's useless. Better we die now than suffer here any longer. Slow death isn't the greatest one but Carnage wouldn't do anything to harm us to make the process faster. Listening the sounds around, seems like I'm not the only prisoner here. I'm sure I heard some female shrieking, and right now I hear some male screams. Indeed, not the best place to die, but whether Heaven or Hell claims me, I don't care, it's better than this. "Hey C, is this really it?" Carnage asked in deep, strained voice. "Is this really how our story ends?"  "Unfortunately, it seems so."  "Not so heroic."  "Well duh, in a pool of our own blood in a old cell, yeah you guessed."  "Still being sarcastic even with Death on our tongues."  "Yeah, I can already see her opening arms to us."  "Hell will be happy to claim us."  "I guess. Anyways, I don't know how this goes, I can barely speak now so I feel like it's coming but uh, it was a honor to live with you."  "For record, it's you die I die. And same, I couldn't think of better human to be in symbiosis with."  "It's nice to know you're not dying alone..." a tear slipped down my pale face (if it's even possible through the dehydration) and we both fell unconscious.

After one hour of a black out, we've been slipping in and out of consciousness due to some noises. Not moving, almost bled out, I've only tried to hear what's going on. I tried to open my eyes but I still couldn't see much. But I'm sure I heard a battle cry along with some grunts and broken bones. Looks like someone is trashing this base. "We found 2 hostages, bring them to jet, we will be there soon after we're done here and we will blow up this place." a male voice too familiar...it was Steve shouting from floor above me. I must be in some different kind of cell if they found them one floor higher. Then I heard a boom and people running. Gunshots and then running again. When I heard two pairs of footsteps running closer in my direction I moved my head to the side, which was not very clever because it made the bleeding in my neck faster. One of them then run in a different direction but one stopped in their tracks beside my cell. It was Bucky.

He aggressively pushed the door open and knelt beside me. "Oh my god Caddy, what are you doing here?" he said with such a concern in his voice. "B-Bucky? Y-you came to save me?" my voice was hoarse. He noticed the huge slice on my neck and realized in whose blood he was sitting in but he didn't care. He carefully scooped me up in his arms bridal-style and run out. "I-I'm so s-sorry, I love you." I managed to say and even tho my eyes didn't shut I was slipping out of consciousness. Maybe Death finally decided to end my suffering. "No no Cadence hey! Stay with me!" he begged and ran faster. "I can't lose you again, not when I just got you back, please." was the last thing I heard.

2 days later
"Why is she not waking up? It's been two goddamn days! What if she never wakes up...what if I was too late..." a muffled voice from corridor, then I blacked out again. 3 hours later I woke up again, now I actually felt better. "C, are you there?"  "Yes, 3 hours ago we woke up in this infirmary so I started our healing, but your body was still weak so I put you back to sleep so I can concentrate on the healing."  "Such a considerate friend you are." I chuckled after so much time and it finally didn't hurt. I brushed my hand across my throat and I could just feel the stitched up scar. "They stitched you up, donated you blood and gave us some medicine. And I, I focused on your outer appearance and condition. Normally you would feel groggy now after so much sedatives, but I made sure you were fit. But no wild thingies next 2 weeks so you can fully heal."  "Understood, doctor." I sat up. As I walked to the door and peeked out, I saw Bucky there. He then spotted me and we were there standing unmoving for a few second, literally frozen. Then I ran in the speed of light toward him, jumped and he caught me right into his embrace. He held me up, my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck. "You're back, you're ok." he held me tightly. "Yes I'm here I'm here." I kissed him. Tears formed in both of ours eyes which we couldn't hold back. "I thought I lost you, I thought I was too late." he hugged me tighter. "I know I know." I said between kisses. "Never leave me like that again please." our foreheads leaning against each other. "I won't, I promise." I told him. After that a long kiss came. "I missed you so much you have no idea." he said and set me down. "I missed you too, I was thinking about you every day." I cupped his face. I winced at the movement of my arms. "Oh god I totally forgot, you should rest." with that he picked me up and brought back to bed. "Rest now." he kissed my cheek. "We will have our fun when your really ready." he whispered to my ear. And then he left, only stopping at the door to give me a wink, my only response was a smirk.