Chapter Two: Black Sheeps

"Marry me."

Toji was too stunned to speak.

Meanwhile, Sakimi is just trying to hold in her laugh as she stares at the stupid look on Toji's face.

"What?"

Sakimi lost it and laughs obnoxiously, taking quick pictures.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOUR STUPID ASS FACE! Ow--"

Sakimi got smacked on the head.

"Ahem. I'm kidding. Not right away. Anyway, since I'm a sorceress, you'll be accompanying me everywhere I go and basically act as my bodyguard and or partner. Then, after I turn 18, that's when I ask you to marry me. Or the other way around. Questions or Im'ma keep goin."

Toji Fushiguro is a very reasonable man. And right now, he decides to ask, "Why the fuck do I need to marry a brat like you?"

The white-haired teen nods and proceeds to answer. She figured he'd ask that. "Well, since my brother loves me so much, he doesn't want me to get kicked out the Clan just like that. Being kicked out meant execution. And so, he managed to make a deal with the head that when I turn 18, I marry someone and have the Gojo name legally removed from me. Well, honestly, it's the best we could make. If I'm not married yet by the time I'm 19, well, they'll lock me up in the house and kill me. I know, you're looking at me like it's not that bad, but come on. Freedom, yeah? If I marry you, then at least it's my choice, right?" She explains the last part quickly, sensing his judging gaze on her and laughs with a carefree smile. She waves Toji off when he sighs deeply, brushing him off.

Toji had no problem with that or whatsoever, but what he really wanted...

"So what do I get out of this?"

Sakimi gives him a mischievous smile, propping her cheek on her palm.

"Well, what do you want, Sorcerer Killer? If you want money, you got it. Shelter? You'll be staying with me. Women? I'll allow it; just don't be too loud. I like my sleep unbothered and my dreams pure. And~," she pauses, grinning. Sakimi prods his chest and gently pushes him with a finger, ignoring his unimpressed frown. "You get to witness your son's growth! Whether you want to announce yourself as his father or not, it's your problem, not mine. So, whaddya say?"

Honestly, it's a good deal. Toji could deal with it. And it seems like this chatterbox of a girl doesn't go back on her word. Toji knows when dealers are lying. It's his expertise, especially when job hunting. It's either they do their part of the deal or they die by Toji's hands and get the money himself. This girl may not have a serious bone in her body, but she doesn't look like she's one to trouble herself for lying.

"What happens if you die? Lemme guess, I'll be killed by your damned brother again?" Toji scoffs out, raising a brow when Sakimi chuckled with her hand on her chest as if she's offended.

"Me? Die? Pft. Yeah. You're dead. You're dangerous, y'know? I'll be the one holding your leash. My brother may be stronger than me, but I'm not weak."

Well, Toji would approve of that after she kills him herself. But it looked like she had more to say but just didn't mention it.

He then wonders what would happen if he kills this girl. Of course, her brother would come after his head again, like she said. He had a feeling the six-eyed brat will go bonkers if Toji even thought a malicious thought about his sister. And Toji, for one, did not want to meet Gojo Satoru anymore. Once is enough.

Toji still wonders about two things. He'll ask the second one when he feels like it.

"Why me? Couldn't you have picked someone else?" Toji asked, genuinely curious.