Chapter Six: Red Light District (Act II)

Sakimi's eyes wanders over the streets under her white yet see through blindfold as she walks, ignoring the stares she gets. It's not often you see a white-haired girl with a blindfold just parading around the Red Light District in a cheongsam so she understands the attention she gets.

After leaving Toji, she decided to gather information another way. She doesn't need to see the miracles the man will do for information. Though, she does wonder... Will Toji actually fuck for information? Or will he just seduce the lucky or unlucky woman enough for information?

A little lost in her thoughts, Sakimi scolds herself internally when she bumps into a man clad in normal office attire. He looks tired, Sakimi notes. Disheveled black hair that's messily thrown back, deep eyebags, and wrinkled shirt. Too bad since he looks younger than he looks. Maybe just a little younger than Toji?

"Sorry, Sir. Little tipsy here," Sakimi slips out a little lie easily, one too obvious but not enough for drunken people, wobbling a little for effect.

"Careful. Watch out." His tone was neutral, almost unbothered. He looks as if he's just waving her off yet his eyes stayed on her figure.

Sakimi sighs in relief when she doesn't cause a commotion. It's the last thing she wants in a mission.

"Thanks." About to walk away, the man talks once again.

"And don't go wandering out for too long in the alleys. Rumors says most of the men here would go loco for girls there. Crazy fucks."

Sakimi freezes at the information and turns her head back to him, only to see him preparing to go his way. She catches his wrist.

"Say, uh, Sir. Loco... how?"

She sees the man pause for a second and lazily comes up with another excuse.

"Y'see, I'm searching for some friends here. They haven't answered my calls yet after they went ahead to go home. I'm worried. I went back since I live near."

Easily, the man caves when he hears slight desperation in her voice. He turns to her fully and drags her to a nearby bar. Sakimi's thankful for the blindfold and heels she wore or else he wouldn't have even dared talk to her if he knew she's a minor. After sitting, the man orders a glass of mojito. When he offers her a drink, Sakimi politely declined, saying she's already drank enough for the night even if it wasn't the case.

"See, I'm a police here. Came to investigate the thing I just told you."

Police?

Would police even solve crimes done by something they can't even literally see? It is their job to investigate things like this but Sakimi doubts they'd be able to get this one.

"With all due respect, this is the Red Light District," Sakimi points out the obvious, watching the man roll his eyes at her statement. She wants to see what he really came here for, if he's aware of the strange phenomenon happening.

"I know. Not that unusual. But I'm here anyway because it's weird. After all, why would guys kill themselves after a night of pleasure? Something deeper than just a broken heart? Don't think so. So far, this past month, it's been like that." He shifts his eyes to her. "You better check up on those friends of yours. It's dangerous out here. Could get ya killed."

Sakimi judges him trustable. He knows of the weird incidents. She hums, interested.

"Could it be drugs?" She offers her opinion, trying to not involve this curseless guy in this dangerous situation.

"Same thoughts here. Honestly, the closest to reality. Drugs are a big thing here too, that I know of. Stimulants, aphrodisiacs, depressants, opioids, and hallucinogens."