Chapter Four: Corruption and Addiction

Truthfully ☝️
______________________________________

Toji is a young father.

And so, is an inexperienced one.

He left his son when he was just two years old for his step daughter to care for so he doesn't know how to deal with depressed teenagers. Not that he'd know anyway since his kids are just single-digit year olds.

"'fuck you cryin' about, brat? You look like you're takin' a shit."

Sakimi isn't crying, but she looks like she's about to. Glassy eyes and puffy cheeks and all. Toji could also hear her quickened breathing too and if he tried a little harder, he might've even hear her quickened heartbeat. Yeah, she does look like she's taking a shit.

"But I'm not crying?" She gestures to her currently uncovered face, sweet and innocent as if to present her control of her own emotions proudly.

Technically, she's right.

She's not crying.

But Toji doesn't have enough patience for that. He picks up his glasses that Sakimi gave and wears it before walking over to his sniper and knives. He brushes his arm against Sakimi, pushing her lightly.

"Well, chop chop. We got a job."

You don't bring emotions to your job.

And Sakimi knows that well enough.

"Yes~."

Sakimi puts on a smile easily and skips over to Toji, tossing him her motorcycle key. Fixing her blindfold, Sakimi goes out the house first with Toji's eyes running after her.

Toji sighs tiredly, locking the door before going to the motorcycle where Sakimi's already sat at, waiting for him. He sits and instantly starts the vehicle.

"Give me the location," Toji orders to which Sakimi pouts at but complies nonetheless.

"Hokkaido. You don't have to be so mean, y'know. Let's get along~!" She cheers and pushes her back against his, earning a sigh from the man who drives the vehicle.

"Look, kid. You hired me. And hiring means giving a job. And this is a job. Jobs don't need useless feelings unless you need to fake it, which is what we'll be doing in a few years. So don't expect too mu—what's with the smile?" Toji asks confusedly, feeling Sakimi's smile on the back of his shirt as she nuzzles her nose. 

"It's the first time you talked so much, am I not allowed to be happy about that? Whenever we talk, you only grunt and say one, one, sentence. Like damn. Talk more. I feel like I'm talking to a wall sometimes."

Toji sighs after Sakimi completely disregards his earlier statement and focuses on just going to their destination.

She's been bugging him about that for quite some time now, and Toji couldn't care less. But still, Tokyo to Hokkaido? That's a fucking long ride. She's probably gonna annoy him every now and then. They started their journey the moment they finished breakfast which is probably six in the morning. And the motorcycle isn't as fast as the bullet train. It'd probably take them more than five hours to get there. Toji sighed, slowing down a little when his breath fogged his helmet.

This is gonna be a long ride.

And Toji can confidently say that Sakimi is probably one of the most annoying people he's ever met.

"Kitty, let's stop there!"

"I needa' pee."

"Look, ice cream!"