Star Flare

Techno slowly wakes up with the slight annoyance of the morning light glaring at him in the eyes through his windows. Techno pulls his arms close to himself with a groan before his memories snap him out of his sleepy haze. Tommy was in his arms when he nodded to sleep last night, and now he is obviously Tommy-less. Sitting up quickly, Techno looks around his room to find no Tommy insight.

Did Tommy go exploring around the house? Was that safe? Techno didn't have time to fully give the kid a tour around the mansion, and he could imagine little Tommy getting lost in one of the many unused rooms or hallways. Or Tommy could have found their armory room and been currently holding a gun to his eye trying to see the bullet or something.

A few alarms went off in Techno's head, and he immediately rushed out of his bed and out of his room. A faint smell of pancakes leads Techno to go to the kitchen first to find his starlight. Right as he turns the corner, Techno is slapped in the face with what he imagines is a paper plate full of whipped cream. Immediately Techno hears both Wilbur and Tommy bursting with laughter as the plate slowly slides off his face before he grabs it, keeping it from falling on the floor.

"Really, Wil? Couldn't think of something else?" Techno grumbles while wiping the whipped cream off his face the best he can. This apparent act of war would have Techno wrestling Wilbur to the floor at this point, but Tommy's light and bashful laugh almost make this worth not to.

Wilbur wraps his arm around Tommy as if they are old pals at this point and grins at his brother. "Aw, Techno, you don't like the classics? I guess he isn't impressed, Tommy. We'll have to try harder next time. Maybe get a bird involved." Tommy practically buzzes with excitement at Wilbur's words.

"Yeah! You better watch out, Techno! We're the crime boys!" Tommy yells at a volume that most people would flinch at. Wilbur nodded at Tommy's words, "Get fucked!" Will added with an obnoxious laugh that ticked off Techno just slightly.

"Congrats, I guess?" Techno speaks with an unamused tone. He makes his way to the kitchen with the two idiots following him. Upon entering the kitchen, Techno spots the source of the pancake smell. Phil is stationed at the stovetop with a well-used pan in one hand, and in the other was a spatula that had bits of pancake batter on it. With one look at the three new people in the room, Phil immediately knew what had happened. Not like he totally didn't watch Tommy learn how to use whipped cream a moment ago with Wilbur.

"Looks like you're having a good morning, mate," Phil says as Techno grabs a rag and starts to clean his face. Techno could hear the glee from Phil's voice.

"Traitor," He calls Phil while trying to get the whipped cream out of his hair. "What?! I didn't do anything?!" Phil calls out acting fake hurt by Techno's words.

"Correct. You didn't stop them." Techno points out before trying to throw the dirty rag at Phil's head, only for Phil to easily dodge without looking and let the rag hit the marble backsplash. "Sorry, they were having fun. I didn't want to stop the chaotic little shits."

During Techno's chat with Phil, Tommy and Wilbur have already sat down at the table. they were chatting about something that Techno didn't care to listen to. With a defeated sigh, Techno walked over to the set table and sat next to Tommy. He felt himself get a wave of clarity that in this peaceful moment in time, he would revisit this memory fondly as he watches Phil cook his pancakes. Techno can clearly see Wilbur showing Tommy how to pick a lock at the dining table. He didn't have a care in the world right now, and everything felt just right. Like this is the moment he worked for his whole life.

"Wil, get your knife off the table," Phil lightly scolds Wilbur. Phil placed two plates full of pancakes on the table for everyone to pick off of. Techno could spot a few pancakes with chocolate chips in them, probably for Tommy since no one else was a fan of those. Everyone grabbed a few pancakes for their plates as they fell into a light-hearted conversation about the most complicated locks to get through.