family.

Marco's POV

I end the call with one of my employees and sigh. Pinching the bridge of my nose. Why do these things have to be so difficult?  I take a sip of one of my rum and get back to my paper work. I have to get this done but I know dawn will be here in a little bit. 

I told her that I would send someone to pick her up but she said she had a car and could drive herself.  I didn't miss her slurred words which  meant she was either drinking or smoking. 

I don't know Dawn. I've never met her. Her and my parents knew each other really well. Dawn and I were only a few years apart and when she was born our parents signed an agreement that said when they died they would take her in care and other way around for me. 

my parents died about two years ago. When I turned 20. I was old enough to take my fathers Mafia. It was stressful at times...ok I lied all the time. But it was worth it. I enjoyed it. But right now I have to focus on my task at hand. Trying to figure out why Dawn's parents passed away earlier this summer. It's weird because the Waywocket family would just pass away so suddenly. But it happens sometimes. 

I'm so focused on what I'm doing that I don't hear that Dawns here. 

I walk down the stairs and enter the dinning room. Everything looks great!

I walk into the foyer. 

and there she is. Black thick long hair that reaches all the way down her back. She had tan skin. She was tall...but short...weird...She was facing away from me and I walk up behind her. Accouple feet away because I know how women can be uncomfortable around new people. especially men.  

"Hello there" I say to her back

She freezes. She was deep in thought and I just broke her out of it. "My name is Marco we talked on the phone?"

 She slowly turns around. I can tell she's uncomfortable. 

I look her up and down.  Black messy hair, dusty/dirty clothes that look so old and worn. She had full lips. She had many, many piercings. Her ears were covered in them. But she had one piercing on her eyebrow and she was stretching her ears.  And her smell...it was weird...she smelled of fresh cigarette smoke but also green tea...I almost found myself craving it...

We go to sit down after we talk. and the rest of the evening plays out and I found out that she has no clue of who I am and that she's suppose to live here. Before I could do or say anything she left.  I found myself angary at her. But I should let it go because It is a shock and I understand.

I could not for the life of me find out where she was living. I looked everywhere and with the people that I have we should be able to find her but we never could. all I could get was her phone number. 

I had one of my men put a tracker on her car while we had dinner...well half of dinner. Before she stormed out of here. 

I go to the server room where all the behind the scene  work happens. 

"Capo" one of my men say as I enter the room. 

I nod at them and they all get back to work.  I walk over to one of my men. One of my best tec men. John. 

I walk right up to him and ask him whats going on. 

"well it seems like she's just going all over the place... not really going anywhere but not really staying anywhere. going house to house type thing. But she's stayed in this parking lot for the last hour."

I nod "hmmm well keep it up and give me a report in the morning."  I tell him. "Did you find anything else about her?" I ask John.

"Si capo."      

He says with a nod. "she goes to Nittnet high. She's in 12 grade. she also works at a café down the road." 

I hum "good work" I walk out of there back to my office. 

well this seems like this will be like a very late night of me trying to figure out this puzzle...and all the other work that I have to do.