drive

Dawn's POV

I always enjoyed school. The classes the people the friends. But what I really enjoyed about school was the music programs. 

I loved to play music. My mother was an amazing  piano player. My father as the same. I remember when I was little my mother and father would be playing duets and I would sit underneath the piano and listen. Those are some of my favorite memories. 

When you grown up things just....fade away and go...the world is so nasty and I have no idea why it needs to me to cruel. Cruel like him... 

today I was feeling cute! I was wearing all of my earrings and I had black overalls with a green shirt underneath. A long sleeve to hide all of my bruises...from him. All my scars and cuts. No one seemed to notice that I always wore a long sleeve and or a sweater but it was better that way. 

I wore my hair down. something I don't do often. I had a black tuque   that slouches in in the back. I also just wore my all black convers. I think I look great!

I step out of my car that's parked in the school lot. I take one long breath though my cigarette and drop it to the ground and step on it with my heal as I grab my bag and text books. 

I walk into the school. I walk through the school making my way to the band room, say hi to the people/teachers I knew. 

I step into the huge band room. There are only a few people around and I'm not focused on socializing right now. I needed to practice my piece. 

 I sit down at the piano setting down my stuff. I had a few minuets to practice so I pull out my sheet music and start to play. Really getting into it. I loved this piece. But once I'm really getting into it the bell rings and it's time for class. I sigh and grab my bag heading to my first class of the day. 

.                        .                             .                      .                              .                       .                          .                        .          

WOW that was a full day. And man I'm starving. I walk out of the school down to where my car is. I go to get a cigarette out of my bag but I think better when I see a man leaning on my car. 

I sigh as I recognize  him. Marco. 

I walk over not looking at him avoiding eye contact when I get to the drivers side of the car I take my keys out. But he stops me with his words. 

"I'm sorry if I scared you yesterday."

I look at him for the first time  and damn...he's wearing a tailored suit that hugs his body perfectly. I snap out of looking at him over the car and clear my throat. "no you didn't and it's fine as long as you leave me alone." He chuckles under his breath. "you think this is funny? you storm into my life and expect me   to comply? I have no clue who you are and what you could be." I saw with the most serious tone. He stops laughing and sobers up. 

" I understand." he says with a straight face. "it was never what I wanted but-" I interrupt him before he can finish. " but what? you think you can storm into my life and take it and control and think that I'm going to watch and comply? HA! then you got the wrong person."  I spit at him. I know it's a little much but you have to be careful of these men that come around and just think your nothing and just kick you around like garbage.