hours

Dawns POV

   I open up my phone and take my headphones out of my bag and turn them on. Putting them over my ears as turn on some music and looked out of the car window. Marco kept looking back at me well...mostly my neck but I don't care.  I just wanted to get away from him and this whole mess. Sleeping by the ocean wasn't so bad ... right?

Marco was a very excellent driver but I couldn't help but grab onto the side of the seat when he rounded a sharp corner.  

I let out a shaky breath as we come out of it. 

"you alright?" A deep voice said beside me. 

"yeah I'm fine." I say not wanting to talk to the man who has one of his hands on the steering wheel while the other rested on the console. His skin was inked with tattoos and he had many rings on his fingers. 

 I hated driving. 

Jack drove like a donkey on crack. I don't know how he's not been in a car accident yet. 

I pry my knowing stare away and look out the window. The sun was setting and if we got there in time I would have enough time to watch it go down. 

"So...where's your house?" The man besides me asks with his eyes still trained on the road.

"Um...right there," Pointing to one that looked cool. 

He started chuckling beside me and I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. And I made no move to hide it. 

"what's so funny?" I snapped. 

I'm in no mood to be played with right now. 

"That house" He brings up his hand to point to the one I pointed to.

"Is one of the many houses I own." 

I look at his with disbelief  as I take my head phones off. 

"In fact I own this entire neighborhood. So I don't think you actually live here." 

I take a second to prosses what he's saying. 

"So Amore where do you actually live?"  Marco lost his grin and is more serious now dominants spilling off him. 

I turn to look away planning on not answering the question but my plans are changed when he pulls over and puts the car in park. 

"I don't ask twice and I get things when I want. So this can be really easy or it can be hard. You chose." 

something inside me stirs. damn  this man-

  I didn't get to finish the thought when Marco grabs my chin -not to hard and pulls my face to his. 

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Marco says as My eyes meet his cold ones. 

"I-" is all I can manage. 

what am I going to do?

tell him I've been homeless since I was sixteen?

He raises a brow and I know I should probably start talking.

"I don't have a place." I say looking down not being able to look in his eyes when I tell him. 

A deep hum comes from him and he lets go of my face and starts driving again. 

shit shit shit shit shit shit what did I do?

I had so many questions but I couldn't keep my eyes open because they were so heavy. 

I didn't want to give in but they were just to heavy so I set my head on the window and watch the road as we keep driving. 

That's the last thing I can remember of that day. 

Hey yall I'm sorry for such a long not update. schools been really crazy but yeah. 

the chapters will be shorter but ya know life...lol bye 

happy reading and stay safe. <3