power.

Marco's POV.

What the fuck? 

I didn't mean any threat to Dawn. She had no reason to be afraid....unless...well that would be a stretch but I don't think it's true. I think she's just overreacting to get me on her side. 

I take out my phone while she stands in front of the car  blocking it with her body so I couldn't see the inside of the trunk. I reach into my pocket to grad my phone and call some of my men to come pick us up and take us to my house seeing as she already has all of her shit. 

I make a few phone calls and she listens and you can see because her face drops. But she doesn't protest. Maybe she knows it's for the best or maybe she's silently thanking me! 

See I could be the good guy for once! 

"All right you want to get going?" I ask her adjusting my suit before she looks at me modified.  "I can't...I have work and No I don't need your housing I'm fine all by myself." 

She says while taking the cigarette to her mouth and taking hit. 

"Ms. Dawn I don't want to fight with you on this. We both know who's going to win. I have the power here. Your parents signed a contact saying if they died you would be given to my parents. But Both our parents died around the same time.  and since your 18 and I'm an adult someone has to help you." I say spitting out the last part. I'm losing my patience.

She nods. And wipes a few tears away but  before I could open my mouth to say anything someone is yelling across the parking lot from the small Cafe to Dawn. 

"HEY DAWN!!!! YOU BETTER HURRY UP YOUR SIFT STARTS NOW!!!" 

The dark haired boy yells. He's in all black except for the dirty white apron he's wearing.  My gaze stays one him hopefully burning a hole in his eyes. He doesn't seem to see me which is weird...I'm a big guy and everyone sees me...I'm a mafia Don how could you not notice me?

but I'm to lost in thought to hear Dawn close her trunk and lock it before she starts to make her way into the small cafe. 

Dropping her cigarette she walks into the cafe and doesn't even look back. 

I wanted to stop her and make her wait because walking away from me when I'm the middle of talking tp her was disrespectful. But some weird part of me let it go. 

Well I'll just have to take her car to my house. I have the tools for it so that's alright. I turn to see my men drive up and park the cars as I take out my cell and start tapping on it. 

"Capo  what do you want us to do?" My first man asks as he walks up to me. 

"Take the car...but don't wreck anything in it. oh and did you find anything else on Dawn?"

I say looking up at my phone. "Si we did. she goes to this school" he shows me his phone while showing me the school.

"you dummy! you already found out that she went to this school!" I yell at him in the face. 

"mi dispiace capo, non abbiamo trovato nient'altro. lei sembra una persona davvero piana." a man says behind him. And only one man can talk to me like that. Ace. My best man. fuck he could get on my nerves sometimes. (sorry boss we didn't find anything else. she seems like a really plane person.)

"Vaffanculo" I spit not really in the mood to joke. I didn't get it. This girl was driving me up the wall. this should just be an easy thing but it's not.(fuck you)

 AND that's what I hate.   

"dovresti riuscire a trovare di più su di lei, stronzo pigro" I'm not in the mood for games anymore I guess he picks it up. He straightens out and nods at me Walking away to help the men to unlock Dawns car so we can take it to my place.(you should be able to find more about her, you lazy ass)

My phone rings and it's him. 

"Cazzo" (fuck) 

<3

well you guys are probably wondering what is going on and why is Marco so selfish?? well he's a mafia don and he expects everything to go as planed and as fast as possible. Dawn as you can tell is not making this happen. she's not making it easy. 

Also Marco did disregard her feelings because he wanted to get the job done. He didn't pick up that she was hurting and afraid of him because she's used to that toxic male. He just thought she was over reacting. But that really was not the case. 

And it also didn't help that she was lying but she didn't know. 

Marco was just thinking about what he wanted not how he was going to get there. and in doing so he broke that new "friendship" that they had over the course of like dinner...lol

but anyway that's some character growth I can work on!!! 

ohhh also as you can see there is a lot of Italian in this book. yes! it's part of the book/characters so get ready to read lots of Italian! 

happy reading