Chapter 10

Grady's POV:

I have always known that rogues were not something to be happy about. When I became one, I was devastated. My own family and friends abandoned me. So, when I first saw my mate, I was in awe. But also, afraid of showing myself. But, I knew I had to at some point. By just looking at her, I knew I couldn't live without her. I am just a simple rogue. We are known as evil! Rogues attack packs all the time..so what was I supposed to do? I decided to risk it and come out of hiding. She was even more beautiful close up! She didn't mind that I was a rogue, which was weird. I told her what happened to me, and she took me to her parents. Her parents are literally the Alpha and Luna! She told them about me and they accepted me too. I was so happy I was in tears. When I heard about a war that was coming, I wanted to fight. I wanted to help protect my new pack. They finally agreed and I went with Melanie's brother, Ethan and his mate June to the training area. I trained really hard. Because I felt like I had to prove not only to Melanie and everyone else, but to myself that I belonged here. You see, when your me, you feel like you have to prove yourself a lot to everyone around you. Two days later, I saw the Alpha from the doorway of his room. The kind of sickness he had..was familiar somehow. He was coughing really hard. I felt bad for him. Then, I came up with an idea. I would make him some tea! And try not to ruin it-I do that a lot when I cook. Tea makes me feel better when I'm under the weather. After I mad the tea and brought it to him, I got a strange feeling. I don't know how to describe it, but somehow, I feel like this sickness isn't a normal cold or something like that. I exited the room to let him rest with a lot on my mind. Six days later, the Alpha was put into the pack hospital. Everyone was concerned and the Luna was crying. If only I could think of what was wrong with him!

Mason:

After dad was put into the hospital, Mel, Ethan, and I got another strange feeling. We knew that the war, was going to happen that day. We told Melanie's mate and Ethan's mate to get into fighting clothes and we told Uncle Daniel and Uncle Max to do the same. They were so confused! We were laughing at their faces while we changed. Mel changes in her closet so we don't see anything. And personally, I'm glad! I hurriedly put on my clothes while worrying about what was going to happen. When we were done, we went outside and walked to the border. In the sky, I thought I saw something, but maybe I was wrong. I just shrugged it off and stood my ground as ready as I'd ever be to fight. But, again, I saw the same shadow. "Um, guys, did you see that?" I asked. "Yea, but I have no clue what it is. It might be a spy for our enemies. Be ready. They are coming." Ethan said firmly. He was so brave. Suddenly, a tree started to fall, right where Ethan and I were standing. But Melanie, she managed to stop it from hitting us! Ethan and Mel got it out of the way so nobody would get hurt. She is so strong! I sat down under the tree and buried my face in my hands. "Little brother? What's wrong? Are you ok?" Melanie asked coming over to me with Ethan. I shook my head. I was in tears. "You both are amazing. Your strong and brave. You are always ready to risk your lives to save others..I'm none of those things!" I almost yelled at the last part. I was jealous of my triplet sister and brother. I have always been. I am completely different from them.  Before I could say anything, we heard crashing noises. More trees were falling down, and we saw people walking towards us with evil smiles. "Mason, Mel, now is when we fight." Ethan got up. Melanie got up too. "I was born ready." she said determined. I got up from the ground too. "Uh, that one in the middle, does he look a little like mom to you? Or is it just me?" Melanie asked us. Ethan and I looked towards him. He looked like the most evil of them all and I had no idea how he could ever be related to mom. But, Mel was right. He did look like her. "He looks like your mother because that is your grandfather." We heard a voice from behind us say. We turned around and saw Uncle Max, Uncle Daniel, June, and Grady. Even Alpha Caleb! Not to mention a bunch of other warriors. "What are you kids doing here?! Get to the shelter. Now!" Alpha Caleb demanded. "No. We were chosen to fight in this war. If we don't fight, who knows what will happen. Perhaps, eternal darkness..And many, many lives will suffer. Now, either get behind us, or maybe you should get to the shelter." Ethan was firm. He was so stubborn and sometimes, I felt he was pretty dumb. Everyone sighed and got behind him. June, however, stood beside him. "I'm not going anywhere. Don't even try to make me, Ethan." she told him. He shook his head, clearly annoyed. She was as stubborn as he was. Wow. Anyway, suddenly, another tree fell. There was dust everywhere. When I looked up, I saw Grady staring at some woman I had never seen before. "You!" he exclaimed. "Yes, Grady." She stated with an evil grin. "You put a spell on Alpha Oliver, didn't you?!" he sounded angry. She laughed an evil laugh that sent chills up my spine. "Of course I did. He's an evil man. He banished Eunice for no reason at all!" I was angry. "That's not true! My father is a good man! I will make sure you feel the same pain he's feeling right now, lady!" Melanie shouted. She charged at her. That woman, was a witch. No wonder dad was so ill! After Mel ha charged, the whole army attacked. I fought as hard as I could, but I wasn't doing very well at all. Ethan, Melanie, June, Grady and everyone else were fighting hard and really well. While I was getting myself beat up. As usual..

Third Person POV:

Third Person POV:

There was a lot of bloodshed. Many warriors were killed. There were more dead on Alpha Oliver's side, than there were on the enemy's side. There were many wounded. It was a terrible sight. The triplets and everyone with them had shifted and were fighting as hard as they possibly could. But, they needed more. The triplets were fighting well. Especially Ethan and Melanie. But, even with our Chosen Triplets, it seemed as if all was lost. That is..until some one unexpected lent a helping hand...or, should I say, claw..

***********************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I am sorry if I am a little late in updating lately. But, I get a little bored sometimes with writing and sometimes, I'm busy. Plus, I get writer's block sometimes. This was a cool chapter to write for me and I hope it is just as cool for you. If you like, be sure to comment and let me know what you thought of it. If you did enjoy it, please be sure to vote. Enjoy!