Chapter 2 "A Dead First Day"

I'm having too much fun writing this. Jinx is going to be dealing with the dead body. Lets us travel into the continuation of her first day, shall we?

~ Lunacy ~

MUSIC USED: Hope Tala - All My Girls Like To Fight

The 'Welcome to Alfea' party couldn't have been farther from Jinx's mind as she listens to the conversation of her suitemates. The moment the rumors started about a dead body, Jinx's interests peaked.

"Who saw the shepherd's body?" the girl with the pink jacket asked as Jinx drinks her punch without another word. Jinx learned from Stella's comment from earlier..that her name was Terra. The other two girls, Musa and Aisha were listening in to Terra's thoughts.

"Maybe he was just old" Terra suggested "People get old, die. We all die"

Jinx rolled her eyes "yes clearly dying in a bloody way is dying of old age" she says sarcastically as Musa gives her a small look before trying to lighten the mood.

"That old age decapitation sneaks up on you," Musa says as Aisha smiles a bit and continues the conversation.

"Happened to my nan, right in the middle of bingo" Aisha agreed. Jinx raises an eyebrow at this statement.

"Welp, I'm not even gonna listen to this," Jinx says, taking a donut from the table before walking away, raising her arm a bit as she walks. From the party to the outside world she sits down on the rocks near the water. For a moment of silence, she watched the water movements as she ate. She kept staring as she saw her face in the water...then...the voices...

The horrible voices...it came back...all the bad..memories...

'Because you're a Jinx! Do you hear me?! Mylo was right!!!'

'All your fault! All your fault!'

'Dammit Powder! Wake up!'

The voices kept getting louder and louder and she can see the monsters start to form in her head...the bad memories...the monsters her sister tried to kee-

"Hey," a voice says as they place a hand on her shoulder "You alright?"

Jinx jumped a bit as she turned quickly, her hands shaking. Stella was holding her shoulder, looking at her with a bit of concern in her eyes.

Jinx hated that.

"You started to shake while you were sitting there," Stella says not moving her hand from her shoulder "Everything alright?"

Jinx lets out a laugh changing her attitude within seconds after recovering "Alright? I'm more than alright. My you worry too much...such a buzzkill"

Stella rolls her eyes "Alright, well, you're gonna need someone with you anyway. Buzzkill as it may be"

Jinx stares at her as Stella sits beside her.

"Rules are rules newbie. No one is allowed outside Alfea grounds"

Jinx nods a bit in response before the two sat in silence as the sun begins to go down. Jinx slowly found it a bit comforting that she wasn't alone. Stella turns to her and stares for a moment before deciding to say something.

"You know, blue is more your color for your eyes" she comments as Jinx blinks for a moment. Blue? Her eyes were...She looks at the water before she sees it. Her blue eyes, she almost forgot about them.

"Call it me being a noisy child, but" Stella sits up on her knees "If you...need something or.. whatever. You don't have to stare into the water to find comfort."

Jinx blinks a little surprised before turning to her.

"I-"

Stella smiles a bit "She speaks, least your not threatening to rocket me into the sunset"

Jinx rolls her eyes. Though this talk has helped Jinx feel a lot better than she originally thought. The only other person who was able to talk to her was her sister Vi and Silco..Vi...She wondered for a moment. How is she in Piltover...with Hat Lady...Piltover's Finest. The thought of her made Jinx almost gag but she kept it to herself. Stella looks at the darkening sky. Jinx almost didn't hear what Stella said next as she got out of her mindset.

"Sometimes...the darkening skies are my only light," she says "It's also comfort...besides people of course.."

"You say this as if you have done it before" Jinx comments. Stella was quiet for a moment staring ahead into the forest before looking at her.

"You still have a lot to learn about me...besides me being a princess," Stella says finally before getting up "Cmon, we better head back inside"

~!~

Meanwhile back in the city of progress, the crime rate has dropped more than the citizens originally intended to happen. Most thought it was a lucky streak...however inside the Piltover Wardens office...the silence was suspicious. Inside, a woman with dark blue hair stands in front of her fellow wardens while looking at a photo of Jinx.

"Something is wrong '' she says "Jinx hasn't done anything for the past 48 hours. Not even a sighting"

"Cupcake, maybe this is a good thing?" a pink-haired girl replies looking at her "Even my sister does these pauses"

"She right Caitlyn" another voice agreed as the wardens look at her

"For a few hours, Vi" Caitlyn points out as the wardens looked at one another. Caitlyn continues to speak as Vi stares at the photo of Jinx. She could help but feel worried for her sister. Yes, she was Jinx, but in the back of her mind and heart...she's still powder in her eyes. In a way, she had a tiny bit of hope.

'Where are you Powder..' she thought as Caitlyn turns to everyone.

"We're going to have to open an investigation to find her," she says seriously "I don't know what she's planning or if someone has her but... After what happened last time. We can't risk not doing anything"

The team looks at one another before they settle on this plan.

~!~

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope this special chapter is to everyone's liking ^-^. 

PS: Sisterhood is like...the best...next to Caitlyn x Vi of course ^-^