Chapter 5 "Connection With The Whispers"

This one took me a while to finish this time because I had to add original scenes as well in order to make it seem worthy enough to read. But Im glad this story is coming together nicely. Maybe I can do season 2 one day ^-^

~ ! ~

After lunch, Jinx was called into a classroom by Ms Dowling. Jinx was sitting on a chair in a lazy position while playing with her hair as Dowling began to speak about Jinx's progress.

"It would appear that your mind fairy powers work differently then most" she says, her hand on the chalkboard "You have the power to make what ever you think come to life."

"You mean to tell me I can create power from emotions?" Jinx asked, letting out a crazed laugh before slowly stopping seeing Dowlings look "Sorry...continue"

"You have potential Jinx" Dowling walked towards Jinx before setting her hands on the desk "But it would appear you have suffered a lot which in turn affected your powers"

"Well, having a dead mother and father, a sister who chose an enforcer lady over you. Getting abandoned for a...mistake..." Jinx placed a hand on her cheek in a thinking motion "And is currently trying her damn hardest to get you arrested will do that to you"

Dowling continued to stare at Jinx for a moment before speaking "Dear child, you focus on the bad when you have so much good to gift..no..You have so many good memories to make here"

"What makes you say that?"

"You could have let your powers go all out in the magic circle right?" Dowling states as Jinx fully looks up at her "But you listened to Musa, a mind fairy"

"I just...it was just better to listen to" Jinx tries to say but Dowling smiles.

"They say those who suffer end up finding their way...even if it takes a long time.." Dowling says "I have a feeling...you will find who you want to be..from your choice...just like your mother"

What..?

~ ! ~

Jinx walked down the halls of Alfea lost in her thoughts at the information Dowling had told her. Especially the one about her mother..Her mother? What does she have to do with anything. Jinx wanted to know more. She couldn't help but be curious. As she walked she didn't even notice anyone until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder to see Aisha.

"You look like you're deep in your thoughts" Aisha comments "Which usually doesn't happen?"

"What are you, my metal detector?" Jinx asks as Aisha does a hum in response.

"No, but you have a lot on your mind to share. Care to share?"

Jinx thought about it for a moment. She didn't really know Aisha very long. All she knew was that she liked to swim, especially in the times where there are no classes. Jinx could tell her...Dowling did say communication was key.

"Dowling...mentioned my mom" Jinx finally says as Aisha stares at her listening to everything she said 'The last time I heard that name...was the last time I've seen her"

Aisha's face fell "Is...she?"

"Dead?" Jinx finished for her with a slight laugh "Yep, since I was a child. Ironic it was...during a time of war"

"War does change people" Aisha says

"Yea well..it made me a Jinx.."

She turns her head not even noticing Aisha's face was looking at her with sympathy.

"I couldnt help but wonder..what was my mom really like..if I have these powers...was it a blessing or a curse that made me who I am before coming here"