Chapter 8 "Take me Out Tonight"

~ ! ~

The trip towards Zaun was pretty much easy. The students had designed a dimensional portal that opens and closes with magic rings you get once you show ur invitation. However, the more Jinx neared the portal. The more nervous she gets. She wasn't nervous about getting caught by enforcers. That was far from it. She can out run them in a heartbeat and with a smile. She was more nervous of running into her sister.

Feeling her emotion, Musa takes a hold of Jinx's hand.

"You'll be fine" she reassures as Jinx slowly nods. The blue dimensional portal soon opens in front of the girls taking them to the streets of Zaun. The party was held in abandoned warehouse. It was normal for Zaun to have a few hidden. Businesses change every other month or week if the person was that unlucky.

"Wow, this place looks so steampunk" Bloom comments as the group continued to walk inside of the warehouse. Jinx can hear the sounds of the music all around "And this..what exactly?"

"One of the warehouses students will secretly buy under a fake name" Terra explains "It was secretly used as one of the secret war bases in order to make sure the enemy doesnt get any secrets."

"But...?" Jinx tilts her head to the side a little.

"But, since there hasn't been a conflict for a very long time. No one comes down here" Terra says with smile never leaving her face "Except for tonight"

Jinx didn't really stay long to hear anymore of the conversation as she lept into the crowd. Not noticing two females walk in the warehouse with outfits of their own.

"Remember the plan Vi?" Caitlyn asked, looking towards her girlfriend.

"Always cupcake, we just gotta blend in" Vi replies, taking her arm before the two of them blend with in the student crowd.

~!~

Jinx swayed with the music as the party continued. She hated to admit it but Alfea really knew how to pick songs. As she moved her hips to the beat she didnt notice the two women at first. Until she got a little bit closer. Her heart froze, Vi was here...Jinx silently cursed as she stopped dancing.

"No no no out of all places why here and now" she whispered. She quickly turned around and walked away praying neither women noticed her. She sits the side lines watching the crowd. She let out a sigh.

"Didn't take you as the sidelines type" a voice says causing Jinx to turn her head to see Stella "Mind if I sit"

"...Fine" Jinx replies "But If I hear any bitchy comments-"

"For once, you won't" Stella cuts her off as she sits "Though it doesnt take a mind fairy to notice you completely switched from dancing to hiding"

Jinx didn't say anything before Stella continued.

"What's up..?"

Jinx bits her lip a little bit "Family... Starting to think I'm dysfunctional as hell funny enough"

Stella doesn't comment at all on this. She continues to stare at Jinx as she continues to speak her problems.

"I feel like she ruined my life..She abandoned me..so..much.. She wants the old me back..so badly" she admits "Part of me wants to hate her. Part of me also wants to fuck off.."

"But?" Stella asked

"I hate to say it and if you mention this to anyone I will deny it but" Jinx takes a deep breath "Part of me..misses her..and..I..don't know what to do..or say..because right now her and her...girlfriend are trying really hard to arrest me for-"

"You don't have to say anymore...word got around" Stella said, moving her hair back "Though..if you want advice from..what you call it a..bitchy princess.."

Stella turns around fully, staring at her with honesty and seriousness in her eyes.

"I'd say use this opportunity to get her true feelings" Stella suggests "You do have the power of illusions. Make use of it"

~!~

Vi stepped outside for a moment to take a breather from the party. There wasnt any signs pointing towards finding her sister. Vi lets out a sigh as she turns her head towards the sky. She opens didnt notice the figure walking towards her, until she heard the all too familiar voice.

"If I had known you were this determined on finding me. I would have laid out the welcome mat" Jinx says stepping into view as Vi turns around a bit surprised.

"Powder-"

"Dont" Jinx hissed "Dont..call me that"

Vi takes a deep breath "Jinx, Im..Im glad your okay" she says "Where were you..?"

"Thats for me to know and for you not to find out" Jinx replies "Im not making the same mistake of you finding out where I was"

Vi closes her eyes in shame "I didnt...I didnt mean for-"

"For what?" Jinx says, her voice laced with pain and anger "For you to ruin another family I had? For you to abandon me all over again?"

Vi does not say another word, Jinx almost laughs.

"You..you were my sister, you..hurt me..so much..You even want me to jail" Jinx wipes her few tears "So whatever you have to say just forget i-"

"I don't want you in jail!" Vi almost raises her voice but she kept it together Her own resolve was breaking by the harsh words but she continues to speak, being honest with herself and her little sister "I..will fight til my last breath..to prove that Im not. I would..NEVER put you in Stillwater"

Jinx stares a little speechless as Vi continues to speak. Her own voice breathing with each word.

"I wanted to help you..Jinx..I always wanted to find a way to make you happy..to make the monsters go away..I didn't look for you to arrest you.." Vi takes a step closer "I wanted to find you..in order to make sure you were okay..I know..my words seem like shit..especially after all this time has past but.."

Jinx eyes laced with tears within Vi next sentence.

"I still love you as my little sister.."

Jinx lets out a small hiccup as Vi's hand wipes her tears from her face.

"I dont know what your up to but..least I know you are alright"

Jinx opens her mouth to say another word, a cry, to hug her sister, anything would have been alright for her. When she gets a notification on the phone that Ms Dowling had given her. She looked at the message she had gotten from Bloom.

'Emergency, Burned One, Stone Circle. Take the portal'

Jinx froze at the line.

"Jinx..?" Vi asked, concern laced within her voice "Are you-"

"Im..sorry..I... I have to go" she says quickly, using her magic to remove the illusion revealing that she was a few feet away as Vi stares in shock that she can even do this. She runs as she can hear the sounds of her sister running after her.

"Jinx!"

She runs as fast as she could, using items on the street as obstacles that could help keep her sister at bay. She makes it to the street corner that Ms Dowling took her in before looking at her ring.

"Please work please work" she silently mumbles as the ring glows and the portal begins to open.

"Jinx wait!" she hears Vi call out. She didn't even make a second thought before she rushed within the portal. Not even knowing if Vi followed her..

Or not..

~!~