Chapter 10 "Wounded Angels"

~!~

Closing the door behind her, Jinx turns around to see her sister sitting on one bed looking at her as if trying to pinpoint what she is thinking or about to do. The silence was deafening to Jinx but she was glad to not hear any voices.

"Need anything..?" Vi asked, looking at her. Jinx shakes her head before the silence continues for a while. She hated it. For a while, the two sisters would yell, fight, hell even run away from one another, and now its..pure silence. Like the two sisters had run out of steam. Jinx couldn't take the silence any longer.

"Did you mean it..?" Jinx asked. Vi looked at her a bit surprised.

"What..?"

"Did you mean what you said..from before" Jinx doesn't look at her anymore but the window "That you still loved me"

Vi's eyes soften as she gets up from the bed.

"Of course I meant it" she says, her tone mixed with pure honesty and sadness "I missed you..a lot..I really do..every day"

Jinx's eyes soften as Vi continued

"I want to be with my sister..even if it's temporary for a while," Vi said. Jinx and Vi stared at each other for a few minutes. No other words were said as the two silently shared a hug as the night sky seemed to shine. Jinx pulled away before clearing her throat.

"We...should sleep"

Vi nodded slowly, missing the hug before the two settled in their respective beds. Jinx looked at her sister as the two stared at one another.

"Night sis" she whispered, turning around to close her eyes. The next words that came out of Vi's mouth were small but Jinx could hear the words clearly. It made her feel warm and comfortable while the other half of herself was feeling angry. She pushed the negative emotions down as she closed her eyes

"Night Pow Pow"

~!~

The next day was pretty normal. If you can call it that. Jinx wanted nothing more than to smack the gossip or possibly even use fishbones to shut the students' mouths. She heard it all around the school. Bloom being a changeling. As she walked with Vi, she can see a lot of students giggling and whispering amongst one another. All while Bloom was walking with her breakfast until she was out of the area entirely.

The gossip, however, still continued. Vi stared at Jinx as she watched Bloom go before placing a hand on her shoulder. Jinx looked at her.

"Go" she urged softly.

"Are..you sure?" she asked quietly "We're supposed to be-"

"Bonding?" Vi finished "It's alright, besides I think a few moments to spare later on would be better bonding besides us stuffing our faces"

Jinx smiled a little before walking away with her meal still in her hands as she went to Ms. Dowling's office. All the girls, except Stella due to princess duties, had agreed to meet there for breakfast in order to help Bloom feel better. As well as semi-help her with her missing fairy search.

As she reached the office, she can hear Bloom and Aisha talking.

"They don't know how bad you snore," Aisha says as Jinx opens the door. She does a crazed as Bloom throws a cereal piece at her.

"Hey, if you gonna throw food, least do it in the clear open forest" she joked as she sits on a chair "So how's the search?"

"Well-" Bloom started to say before the door opened showing Musa with a smile of her own.

"Sup" Musa greeted, walking into the room "Is Bloom still pretending not to care about the gossip?"

"You still pretending that you're not dating your roommate's brother," Bloom countered while chewing just as Terra walked into the room.

"Whos pretending what?" she asked.

"Who's pretending that...I'm attempting a sisterly bond" Jinx says, saving the situation which Musa was thankful for. Terra looked at her.

"It can't be that bad"

"It is" Jinx answered "It's hard to figure out how to be..well.."

"A family?" Aisha finished as Jinx sulked.

"Take it..day by day" Musa advised "Who knows this school might what you to need in order to re-establish bonding"

"She right" Bloom agreed "After all, you did just rearrange your breakfast with her just to make me feel better"

Jinx swallows another bite of her food as Bloom continues to speak.

"You guys, really don't have to do this...I'm fine really.." Bloom looked at the girls with a smile which Jinx could tell was fake "I'm really fine, I better finish this paper before the assembly anyway"

Bloom gets up from her seat with coffee in her hand "See you guys later?"

The girls nodded as Bloom smiled before leaving the room. Musa and Jinx looked at each other before looking at Aisha and Terra.

"She's not fine," they said at the same time.

~!~

Vi had a bit of trouble knowing the areas around Alfea but she made it work. After all, she was in the undercity for years and Piltover for a few years. Two major areas. She can make her way around a school. She didn't have her class for another few minutes so she figured looking around wasn't a bad idea.

With each passing step, she looked at photos of Alfea students over the years. She didn't seem impressed.

"Hm" her eyes looked at each photo until one photo caught her eye. Her eyes widen a little as she took a step closer"

"What the hell?" she mumbled, taking a step closer before she noticed the photo clear as day. The female was young but Vi could tell straight away that it was her mother. Smiling calmly in the photo with-

"Vi," a voice asked, making her turn around to see Ms. Dowling looking at her with concern in her eyes.

"Are you alright..?"

~!~