Chapter 12:Dance Back from the Grave

It's been a week since the death of Davina Claire and to say Scarlett isn't doing okay is a understatement. Scarlett has be barley leaving her bedroom in the compound unless it was for food or the bathroom, and feels like her life is falling apart.

Scarlett decides today to try and be out a bit more, she is currently sat on the stairs in the courtyard of the compound, she is watching the vampires mingle and talk.

Just then Marcel walks down the stairs he ruffles Scarlett's hair as he passes, Scarlett notices a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

Diego notices Marcel and walks over to him. "Hey, Marcel, maybe you know what's going on. Klaus ordered us to meet here, and now he's a no-show"Diego asks with annoyance in his voice.

Marcel who is clearly upset and frustrated looks at Diego.
"What do you want from me? It's a new regime. Get used to it"Marcel tells him.

Just the Klaus enters with another vampire named Thierry.

"Dearest brethren, your attention, please. No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the Garden for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry"Klaus tells the group of vampires.

Diego and Thierry smile at each other before embracing each other.   "Welcome home, man"The vampire tells his friend.

Marcel notices how happy Klaus is. "You're in a good mood"Marcel tells him.

Scarlett smirks form her spot on the stairs. "You should visit Mystic Falls more often"Scarlett tells him sarcastically.

Klaus looks to his daughter then back to Marcel. "Well, as much as I might like to, I have pressing responsibilities here"Klaus starts, he then turns to the group of vampires to address them. "Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us"Klaus begins again.

Scarlett feels her stomach drop, the pain of losing the girl she loves still with her.

"Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron"Klaus finishes, Scarlett rolls of course of course Klaus in enticing violence.

Diego smiles and starts to plan with the other vampires, Marcel tries to leave but Klaus stops him in the doorway. "Marcel, I'd hoped you would join Diego"Klaus states to his adopted son.

Marcel sighs the pain of Davina's death still evidently with him. "Nah. I'm gonna take a personal day"Marcel tells him before pushing past him to leave. Klaus looks annoyed but then notices his teenage daughter sat on the stairs.

He walks over to Scarlett and sit's on the stairs with her, the two are both silent for a bit.

"It's nice to see you out your room"Klaus tell her.

Scarlett sighs. "Well staying in bed won't bring her back"Scarlett tells him sincerely.

"I understand that this is all incredibly painful for you, I may not be father of the year but if you need to talk about it I will listen"Klaus tells her.