Chapter 8:The River in Reverse

To say things where not going ok would be an understatement, Hayley had told Scarlett what Klaus had done to Elijah when she was helping Dwayne find peace and to say she was pissed would be a major understatement as well.

Elijah was really suffering from the werewolf bite and Scarlett has no idea how to help him.

The two are currently cooped up in Dwayne's old shack as Hayley has gone to find water for Elijah to try and help him out a bit.

Elijah is tossing and turning in the bed in the shack and Scarlett is pacing up and down the tiny shack as her anxiety goes through the roof and shack begins to bring back memories from her final moment with Riley.

"You pace when your nervous, you know that right"Elijah voice suddenly says.

"Is that really what your choosing to focus on right now"Scarlett replies.

"I'll be okay"the original vampire tells her sincerely.

"Oh, yeah I believe you because you definitely don't look on death door to me"the young tribrid replies sarcastically.

Hayley the comes back into the shack hurriedly.

"Here, drink this"the pregnant werewolf tells the original vampire.

Elijah drinks some of the water but then begins to cough and splutter and this freaks out Scarlett more.

"Forgive me. Please"Elijah says and Scarlett can't figure out for the life of her why he's sorry.

"It's okay. Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy"Hayley says.

"Your gonna have to get in line Hayls"Scarlett tells her mother figure.

"Yes, remind me to remind you two to get in line after me"Elijah replies and this causes Scarlett to crack a mild smile.

"It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either"Hayley tells the two.

"I agree the sooner we can get out the better"Scarlett replies.

Hayley walks out back onto the porch, she leaves the door ajar so she can hear him if he gets worse.

Elijah the begins to cough again and Hayley comes rushing back and Scarlett immediately moves closer.

"Are you okay?"Hayley asks as Scarlett begins to pace again.

"I'm fine. Please, just... return to your reading"Elijah says dismissively.

"I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible... With an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me. But, you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you"Hayley tells him.

"Hayley, Scarlett, please. This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. You two must leave me here"Elijah says.

"I'm not leaving you like this"Hayley says.

"I'm not going anywhere either"Scarlett tells them.

A little while later and Scarlett is sat on the floor of the shack, Elijah begins to grunt and groan, Scarlett immediately jumps up and runs to the bed, she puts her hand on his forehead to gauge his temperature, when she touches him she gets to see his memories form the 1800's.

"Celeste?"Elijah asks clearly looking for the girl he loved.

Elijah then realizes he is hallucinating as he then sees his niece again

"Scarlett, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else"Elijah confess.

" Celeste. Whoever she was, she looked beautiful"Scarlett tells her uncle sincerely.