Chapter 9:Reigning Pain in New Orleans

To say Scarlett was uncomfortable, would be the understatement of a life time. Klaus had set up a table in the middle of the compound to celebrate him having power back over New Orleans, and most of Marcel's important vampires are their.

Scarlett and Hayley have been forced to come, it's taking all of Scarlett's will power and control to not lose it on the vampires.

Klaus calls for everyone's attention by tapping a glass.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine. Insatiable need, exquisite pain...  Our victories, and our defeats"Klaus addresses the vampires.

Scarlett has to hold back a disgusted and the waiters slits their hands open and drip their blood into cups for the vampires.

Klaus raises his glass.

"To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..."Klaus starts.

"and the party never end!"Marcel finishes.

Scarlett catches the look Marcel gives Diego.

 "To New Orleans"Diego says lifting his glass

 "To New Orleans!'Klaus repeats. and then everyone else does as well.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires"Klaus says reassuring the vampires.

"What about them? The wolf and the kid"Diego asks.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address"Klaus starts as he walks over to the end of the table where Scarlett and Hayley are. 

"As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child and this one is mine"Klaus says placing his hand on Scarlett's shoulder. 

"Consequently, I trust you will all pay them the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of my children to create hybrids. I assure you I do not"Klaus tells them.

"Father of the year"Scarlett tells him with a snarky smile on her face.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how I can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?"Klaus tells them which pisses Scarlett off.

"What? Klaus, no!"Hayley says horrified.

"What the fuck is wrong with you"Scarlett says angry at him.

"So-- eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!"Klaus tells them completely ignoring both Scarlett and Hayley.

A little while later Hayley and Scarlett are trying to sneak out to save the wolves in the Bayou, they begin to sneak out of a side door when Diego appears out of nowhere.

"You and Biker Barbie going somewhere?"Diego asks them.

Scarlett slowly retreaves her pocket knife from her back pocket.