Chapter 5:Sinners and Saints

Hayley wants to find out about the wolves in the Bayou and Scarlett has decided to tag along with nothing better to do and plus she wants to keep a closer eyes on her future baby sister.

Klaus has forbidden her from going but Hayley decided she wanted to go and there is no changing her mind.

The duo arrive at the witch cemetery, Sophie is packing magical ingredients into her backpack, as she is going out to the Bayou to consecrate the dead witches that the werewolves protecting Hayley killed.

The two walk in and Sophie immediately notices them.

"Hey. What the hell?"Sophie asks clearly annoyed.

"You're going out there anyway, aren't you? I wanna go with you"Hayley says.

"And I'm not letting her out of my sight after last night"Scarlett adds.

"No, thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning. Don't need a repeat"Sophie tells them.

"What if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that it likes me and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me"Hayley says.

Scarlett coughs loudly.

"Us"Hayley corrects.

"Sorry if I'm not buying yours and Scarlett sudden concern for my safety"Sophie says.

Sophie steps forward but Scarlett blocks the exit, she flashes her golden/yellow werewolf eyes at her and lowly growls.

"We aren't finished"Scarlett says angrily.

Sophie steps back slightly frightened of the fourteen year old.

"Listen. The whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister's the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. And last night, I'm pretty sure that some guardian-angel-wolf saved my life. So, I'm coming with you"Hayley says.

Rebekah then walks into Mausoleum and joins the trio.

"Could you three be more idiotic?"Rebekah asks rolling her eyes.

The trio groan in frustration.

"Shit"Scarlett says.

"Two can play the follow-game, you know! You heard Klaus, he and Marcel are headed right where you're going"Rebekah tells them.

"So distract them. Because unless you wanna lock a hormonal, pregnant werewolf in a tomb, I'm coming with you. And wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that the baby and I died of asphyxiation?"Hayley says.

"From now on I go where she goes, so you can try and lock me up but you'll face major consequences"Scarlett says.

Rebekah looks at Hayley and Scarlett clearly annoyed.

A little while later and the group of four are walking around the Bayou looking for the dead witches.

"So, this Harvest thingy—- tell me more"Rebekah says.

"Klaus said to wait"Sophie replies.

"Yes. He also said to stay out of the bayou and yet here we are, amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures"Rebekah tells her.

"We're here"Hayley says.

The group have reached the place where the witches were killed. Their bodies are all bloodied and ripped apart, and a dismembered head lies near the bodies.

Scarlett looks at Sophie and can see she is in a lot of pain.

Scarlett then notices something a little bit ahead and takes a closer look.