Chapter 1:Always and Forever

(September 2011)
Trapped!

That's how Scarlett Sawyer would describe her current situation.

One minute she was running away from a foster home and the next she wakes up in a cell.

Scarlett bangs on the cell door, painful memories of being trapped rush back inside her head, she punches her fists against the cell bar and her knuckles begin to match her name and scarlet blood splashes on them.

Scarlett places her face against the space between the bars and flares her yellow werewolf eyes witch illuminate the darks and her fangs are sharp.

Scarlett then begins to hear muffled voices and a second later the cell is opened and she is brought out.

Another woman she thinks is called Hayley is brought out too and they both are very confused.

The witch who kidnapped Scarlett, Sophie is stood with one of the original vampires Elijah.

"Who the hell are you?"Hayley ask's clearly confused and annoyed.

Scarlett rolls her eyes.

"Give us a moment, please"Elijah ask's.

Scarlett, Hayley and Elijah end up in a burial vault, Scarlett places her self on the floor, her back leaning against the wall and pulls her knees to her chest and places her hands on her knees.

"So, have they been holding you here against your will?"Elijah ask's.

Scarlett rolls her eyes and doesn't understand how he could think any of this was consensual.

"Yes"Scarlett replies bluntly.

Elijah looks at the obviously young teenager, having been told by Sophie that they heard roomers of an all powerful witch with a werewolf curse and soon discovered she has vampire blood in her veins.

He continues to look at the girl and she reminds him a lot of the man they claim to be her father, his brother Klaus.

Scarlett notices him staring.

"What?"Scarlett ask's.

Sensing tension Hayley steps in.

"They lured me out to the bayou and grabbed me. And they did all these... weird witchy tests. Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children!"Hayley says.

"They said they can't explain me, story of my life"Scarlett joins in.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible. Here, if I may"Elijah says trying to touch Hayley.

Hayley jerks her head away.

"What are you doing?"Hayley ask's.

"Relax. If you open your mind to me, I can show you"Elijah replies like it's the most normal thing on earth.

He turns to look at the teenager on the floor.

"Touch me bloodsucker, and original or not I will deck you"Scarlett replies before he even says anything.

He turns back to Hayley and begins to show her and voices what Scarlett can't see.

"In the beginning, our family was human... A thousand years ago, now. Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were actually just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And, for better or worse, we were happy"Elijah starts.

Curiosity starts to peek in Scarlett as she was told stories about these people to scare her when she was young so to hear the truth is strange.