Chapter 12

It all happened 16 years ago."

🌸🌸🌸

"It is no secret that I was rejected by my mate." Reginald knew about that. Aunt Cici smiled at him.
"In my place, he took a new mate, your mother." His eyes grew wide, his mother would never. She always talked highly about mates, how they should treasure them and never let them go.
"While your mother was pregnant with you, Kevin, your father, was out on trial, for rejecting a luna and acquiring a new luna without informing the counsel."
Aunt Cici took a sip of her tea. "Skipping a few details later, your father got banished and his title was removed. He died that same day.

"Blood must have blood." Anastasia whispered and watched how Kevin fell to the ground.
"That was for killing your first son, for abusing and raping my friend, and for planning to kill your second child."
Tears flowed from her face, her friend suffered so much and she couldn't help her, but that is not the case anymore. She would be there for Dorothy and her child.

"Because Kevin rejected me, I should have died as I did not know my identity. But I was a royal, so Kevin's wolf slowly got crazy and was starting to fade. This affected Dorothy's wolf as well, true mate or not. Her body was slowly killing itself."

Leonard watched Anastasia pace the hall of the hospital ward that Dorothy now resides in. Dorothy's screams could be heard, she was in labor.
Suddenly they couldn't hear her screams, "We're losing her!".
That was all Anastasia needed to hear before she burst into the room.
"Move!" She yelled and the doctors parted for her.
She chanted a healing spell and prayed it worked.
"Stats improving." The nurse informed them and she felt relief wash over her.
Soon the cries of a baby could be heard. A beautiful baby boy.
She held the boy in her arms while Dorothy was still knocked out.
"Be a good boy for your mom, oky." She whispered and kissed the boy's head. She wondered if Dorothy will name him Reginald. Dorothy always raved about how handsome the name was for her.
She chuckled and kissed Dorothy's head. "I'll see you soon, D."
It will be a long time before she will see her friend again, but she wished her all the best.

"So I healed her with my magic, she would have died giving birth, but with my healing, she gave birth to you." Aunt Cici smiled at him. "You were the cutest pup, so I took you as my ward. To protect you and check on your mother."
"But your mother's health was deteriorating." She then looked ad Edcard. "It only worsened after she was rejected a second time and got pregnant with Eddie."
Reginald growled while Edcard couldn't look up from the floor.

Anastasia was excited to visit Dorothy today, but she froze when she saw quickly Dorothy who was on the floor on tears and in pain. "Cee." Dorothy whispered out and she snapped out of her shock and rushed to Dorothy's side to heal her.
She thanked the Goddess that Reggie was at a playdate.
While she cast the healing spell she notice a small bump and then it dawned on her. Dorothy was pregnant!
"Oh D." She helped her to the bed, but by then Dorothy was in pain again. Anastasia realized that her healing magic wasn't effective anymore and there was only one way she could help Dorothy now.
"Let me help you, Dorothy."
Dorothy nod with the little strength she had and that was all she needed to begin the contract.

"I offered her my blood, it's no secret that vampire or elf blood makes you life longer if consented in a contract.
I offered ger a drop of my blood. It would have kept her alive to see her grandchildren. So in order to keep raising you and to save Eddie, she took it with a vow that should she be in a dire situation again that I wouldn't do it again and let fate take it's coarse." Aunt Cici started to cry and he went over and hugged her.
Hos Aunt sniffed and looked at Edcard.
"By saving you, Edcard, she gave her life. I have warned her about this, she knew what was going to happen. Her body is now rejecting her and I can only help ease her symptoms. There is nothing we can do now for her. She's in the Goddess's hands now."

Edcard couldn't get out a word and Reginald growled. "It's because of you that my mother is dying!" and then he pounced on Edcard. Punching him in the face, but Edcard didn't retaliate.

"Reggie?" Reginald stopped and quickly got off of Edcard. He didn't want Eddie to ever see him like this. He didn't want Eddie to ever look at him the way he is looking at him right now. He was terrified of him.

Edcard looked at the boy that called to Reginald. Edward.
He knew it the moment he saw him, that was his son. His eyes immediately started to water again.
He had a son!
He realized he screwed up bad with his choices.
He rejected his mate, lost so many years with his son.
What had he done?

🌸🌸🌸

I was so mad, cuz I lost the whole chapter, it just went missing and I had to try and rewrite it. That's just depressing when I've put alot of time in it.

ANYWHO!

I'm still wondering about my ending for this book, three possible endings and I like each ending so I'm having trouble deciding which way to go.

Do you guys like Edcard even? I know I haven't focused on him much.