Chapter 13

"Eddie, come here." Eddie walked to Reginald in a confidant stride. He saw the man next to him and he instantly knew who he was.
"You came back!" He smiled with joy.

Edcard was taken back by the boy's excitement. "Momma said you were on a mission, like a superhero and that you'll come back one day." His heart ached. Even when he rejected Dorothy, she didn't keep him out of his son's life.
"I am back yes, I'm Edcard." He didn't know what to do from here so he held out his hand. Edward luckily smiled and jumped to hug him.
"I'm Edward!" He chuckled but hugged his son, he felt a tear slip from his eyes, and again and it kept flowing.
"Why are you crying Dad?" He wanted to tear up more.
"I'm just so happy to see you."
Edward gave the most beautiful smile to him. Edward patted his shoulded, "There, there Dad, you won't leave again, will you?"
He hugged his son for dear life, "No." He looked Reginald in the eyes, almost challenging him. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Reggie, why don't you take Eddie for a walk? Go get some donuts from that shop Eddie likes." Reginald wanted to argue with Anastasia, but her fierce look made him think twice. Eddie was way to happy so he couldn't even refuse.
"Come Eddie." He said like it was torture to say it.
Eddie was out the door and Reginald grabbed their coats, "And cool off Reginald." his Aunt said, he responded with a growl. He knew he was going to get schooled by her later.

"Is there really nothing we can do to save her?" Edcard asked the queen as soon as the kids left.
"Why did you reject her?"
He looked down and bit his lip.
"My father, he had a mate, not his real one, but he loved her dearly. But then, my mother came into the picture and it ruined him. He was beside himself that he had to reject his chosen mate because the counsel forced him or else they would strip his title. He never loved my mother but had me out of duty. He still kept seeing his lover, mother felt all the pain and she couldn't handle it. She abused me because of it and went insane and eventually fell into depression. When I was 10 she was at her limit and jumped off a cliff."

"You didn't know her history and she never could tell you because of the alpha bond and to save her, Reginald and yourself, you rejected her?" The queen confirmed.
"Yes, I didn't want us to be like them. I couldn't put her through that. I have loved her from the moment I saw her and I just, I couldn't put her through all that pain and for Reginald to feel and see that pain as well. I didn't want to ruin them."
His heart felt heavy, he lost so many years with his mate and his son, just because of an alpha bond and his own experience. Everything is just to confusing and misunderstood.
"And you still love her?" The queen asked.
"Of course I do, more than anything else! I yearn for her each night. She's all I can think about! And I acted like a jerk, meanwhile she has been through so much pain. I don't deserve her." Those blasted tears came rushing out of him.

"Well, she decides if you are worthy of her. That's not up to you." She hands him a letter.
"Read it."
He looked at the calligraphy that spelled his name.

Dear Edcard

There are so many things that I want you to know, but can't say.
What I can say, is I knew that I would be rejected one day. I was prepared for that so don't feel bad about it

I want you to know that that night when you came to me, it was the best night of my life and it gave us the best thing we could have ever asked for. Our little Edward.
He was so tiny the day he was born, I was afraid to pick him up. He looked so much like you. I loved him so much and my heart ached that you couldn't live this moment with me, with us.

If you read this, it means my time here has come to an end. I want to ask you to take care of Eddie and Reggie. You can't get one without the other. They are brothers and stick to each other like glue. Please look after them, they are my everything.
It might take a while, a long while, for Reggie to accept you. But he will eventually. He is tuff, but he has a marshmallow heart. Eddie will accept you, I have told him lots about you. He thinks you're like a superhero. He's a child through and through and you'll love him so much.

I knew you were an alpha when I saw the alpha trades in Eddie, I've raised him te best I could. He's quite clever you know. You'll love him so much.
My boys are such a joy to be around.
I hope that one day, you'll see Reginald as your own one day.

With All My Love
Dorothy

His hands were shaking, "Please, is there any way to save her. Please, I'll do anything!"
The queen looked at him, he felt as if he was being torn apart under her gaze.
"Anything?"
"Anything." He said without thinking twice.
"Even trade your life for hers?"

🌸🌸🌸

Anastasia is tearing this alpha apart!

What do you think of Edcard's reason for rejecting Dorothy?