2

People don't typically arrive late to the first feast of the year, unless you count Harry and Ron which Edan didn't. When she entered everyone swiveled in their seats to face her. Edan turned bright red as she approached her seat, she noticed Remus was taking his chair at the staff table as well. She sat down beside Fred and George who were laughing hysterically at her embarrassment.  "As I was saying," Dumbledore continued. " I'd like to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark teacher; Professor Lupin." Remus stood and we all clapped for him. "Another staffing changes has occurred this year. Our very own Rebeus Hagrid has kindly taken over the position of The Care of Magical Creatures. " The Great Hall erupted into applause once again. Edan was cheering wildly for Hagrid. 

Dumbledore waved his hand over the crowd of students to silence us. His demeanor changed and his voice was dark. "I must also advise you that Dementors will be stationed around Hogwarts throughout the school year." Everyone grew quiet as Dumbledore explained how they were needed thanks to Sirius Black. 

Finally, the first began! Food filled the once empty platters in front of us. Edan grinned ear to ear and dove right in. As usual everything was magnificent. She ate a bit too much which resulted in a bit of a stomach ache. "So Edan, did you get the prank parchment back?" Fred asked. Edan groaned remembering that she had failed to do so. 

"No." She replied. "But I've got the pranks memorized. I think I know who I would like to prank first though gentlemen." Edan glanced over at Remus sitting at the staff table, the boys following her gaze. 

"Excellent!" They said in unison. Just then Remus looked over at the trio and gave Edan a knowing smile. He knew what was coming. She grinned innocently at him then turned back to chat with the other Gryffindors. 

The next morning Professor McGonagall passed out the house Timetables during breakfast. Edan was oddly excited to see she had D.A.D.A up first. Edan and The Twins had stayed up half the night planning out a prank for Remus. It needed to be a good one, one that wasn't on the pranking parchment. Fred had come up with the idea of fake wands over the summer. Last night they finally took the opportunity to create one. They entered the D.A.D.A classroom and took our seats in the very back. Remus wasn't anywhere to be seen. 

"Put away your books. You will only be needing your wands today, if you'll follow me." Said Remus standing by the door. Everyone got up as quickly as possible. Remus led us into the staff room, a large wardrobe was inside. " I know you studied Boggart's in your third year. However, I found this Boggart here and I thought I'd give all of my classes the opportunity to face it." He explained to us the history of the Boggart and how to overcome it. 

Fred went up first. His biggest fear was a woman with floor length black hair, a banshee. She opened her mouth and screamed. Fred screamed riddikulus and the Boggart began singing opera. 

More and more students went. George and Edan were near the back of the line. It was loads of fun to watch nearly everyone confront and overcome their fears. As Edan stepped up the Boggart changed into the most notorious werewolf, Fenrir Greyback. A lot of people gasped at the sight of him, Edan couldn't wait to hear what the rumor hill would churn out. "Riddikulus!" She called, Greyback turned into a little kitten which caused her to laugh.

"Alright, alright. I think that's enough for today." Called Remus. Quite a few people were giving Edan curious glanced causing her to sigh. She knew what they were wondering. It was quite easy to find out the truth behind her fear but most would instantly jumped to the conclusion that she was a werewolf herself. "

"Miss Edan." Remus called. She groaned internally but spun to face him. 

"Yes?" She asked raising a brow at him.