14

Edan heard a howl in the distance and ran in the direction of it. At least she'd be able to provide some assistance and hopefully avoid Remus getting injured. The moon was so bright that Edan had no need for her wand to cast light. She walked through some trees hoping to come across Harry at the least. Except she didn't; she came across Remus instead.

The werewolf advanced on her slowly as she pulled out her wand. Before she could think of a spell to cash he launched on top of her. She grabbed a branch on the ground beside her to keep him from biting her. Instead he nawed angrily on the branch. It didn't protect her from his claws though. He lashed her across her chest and another time across her cheek. 

It was another one of those moments Edan wished her curse would emerge but it wasn't building up to assist her. Finally, Edan had the chance to raise her wand and scream, "Confringo!" 

Remus was blasted backwards and hit a tree behind him. The wolf howled into the air once again before running away on all fours. It must have deduced, as much as an animal can, that Edan was more trouble than she was worth. 

Edan stumbled to her feet. She was bleeding profusely from the wound on her chest as well as her cheek. Fatigue quickly set in but she forced herself to slowly make her way towards the castle; fearful that Remus would return. Off to the side she heard some twigs and leaves rustling and raised her wand. Her heart pounded in her chest, Edan wasn't sure she'd be able to fend off anything attack from Remus. 

She cried in relief when Professor Snape was illuminated by the moonlight. Edan fell to her knees and gasped. She finally felt safe. "You are a foolish, foolish girl." Snape said picking her up in his arms. He moved quickly up to the castle and rushed through the doors. Edan was only semi-conscious as he burst through the Hospital Wings doors. 

"Merlin's beard!" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed at the sight of her. Professor Snape laid Edan down on a bed and she finally allowed herself to sleep.

Edan woke the next morning in the hospital wing. In the bed across from her laid Ron. Beside him was Hermione and Harry. "What did I miss?" Edan croaked which brought Hermione to her bedside immediately. 

"Oh Edan. We've all been so worried about you. There is so much to fill you in on." Hermione responded.

"Where is Remus?" 

Well.. I suppose he's in his office. Packing." Hermione said quietly. Edan sat up quickly causing Hermione to shake her head vigorously. "You're still recovering Edan. It's pretty bad. Professor Snape was able to give you some dittany to mend your wounds but you're likely to feel extremely weak for a few days." Edan conjured a mirror beside her bed and looked at the newest scar on her face. It was pretty gnarly. "There's another, under your shirt." She closed the curtain to allow more privacy. I removed my hospital gown to take a look at the rest of the damage. A large mark ran from her hip bone all the way up to her collarbone, it was deep, red and protruding slightly as the wound healed further. 

Edan sighed sadly at the state of her body. She wondered whether these scars would be able to be mended or if they were considered to have been caused by a darkness that even magic couldn't heal. "I need to see him Hermione." 

She sighed but handed Edan a pile of clothes. It was clear there would be no stopping her. Edan dressed quickly in her usual pair of sweatpants and large hooded sweatshirt. The hood and her neverending hair did a decent job at hiding the mark on her face. She snuck past Madam Pomfrey as Hermione helped to distract her. 

"I'm coming with you." Came Harry's voice from behind as she exited the hospital wing. There were many students in the corridors and she was certain Professor Snape had seen her as they rushed down to Remus' office together.