11

The next morning Edan decided to go to breakfast for the first time. She knew it probably wasn't the best idea but she couldn't hide from Remus forever. Now that she knew was aware of his dishonesty it would be impossible to focus on her work. She dressed quickly in some muggle attire. a pair of sweatpants and a large, oversized sweater. It seemed the best way to hide her malnourished appearance. She rushed to the Great Hall so discover the house tables had been removed. Only a single table was placed in the center. Edan sat beside Professor Trelawney actively ignoring the open seat next to Remus. She put a slice of toast and a few pieces of fruit on her plate. 

It remained untouched for most of the meal. Ron seemed to be the only one who noticed. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked before stuffing his face with a spoonful of eggs.

"I'm not hungry." She replied simply. 

Harry looked up then. "You really should eat more." 

Edan narrowed her eyes. "As I said before, I am not hungry." My response was sharp. 

On the opposite side of her Professor Snape cleared his throat which Edan interpreted as a reminder to keep her emotions in check. She rose to her feet tired of their inquiry into her appetite. " Ms Wilkies, you need to eat." Demanded Remus from across the table. 

"No. Unless you're going to sit there and shovel food down my throat, you're wasting your time."  

Edan spent the majority of the day on the shores of The Black Lake. It was a place she recently discovered was a nice place to go undisturbed despite the chill she felt from the winter air. Eventually she dozed off. When Edan awoke she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and sat up. That was when she noticed a man standing in front of her, one that was familiar to her but one she hoped to never see again. 

Greyback smiled wickedly at her. "It's been quite sometime Edan Wilkies. You'd been my real target the night your parents died but they hid you considerably well." He sat down uncomfortably close to her. "You look like your mother, very pretty. It's a shame."

Edan flinched as he twirled a strand of her hair in his fingers. She looked down at her wand a few feet away. Where was her curse when she needed it? She was terrified yet that overwhelming feeling wasn't building. Edan decided to make a break for her wand which proved to be successful. She aimed her wand at him which caused him to laugh and stand as well. "Go ahead. Hex me. Kill me. After all I was the one who ruined your life." 

This was the man who destroy her family, she should be overwhelmed with rage. However, her fear was distracting her and she couldn't recall any offensive or defensive spells despite knowing many. Edan turned on and sprinted towards the castle. It was a feeble attempt at escaping. 

Greyback could easily stop her with his wand but he seemed to enjoy chasing her, rather lazily at that. He finally tackled her from behind turned her to face him. Without a word he bite into her neck and dug his nails into her arm as he held her down. Edan knew he was notorious for attacking in an animalistic way even outside of the full moon. He leaned back seeming to access his work. She took this opportunity to shove her away with all her strength. He stumbled backwards allowing her a split second to run once more. 

Edan entered a corridor relieved to see Remus was strolling down it completely unaware. "Remus!" she shouted.

"Edan! What happened?" He asked running to meet her. A wave of concern washed across his face. 

"Ah. Remus Lupin." Greyback state as he approached the pair. "Good to see you again." 

"How did you manage to get past the dementors?" Remus growled in return.