Songwriting

You cuddled Taylor in your arms whilst you run a hand through her hair, Taylor was sitting there guitar in hand with a notepad on your knee. She was writing a song, you left Taylor to strum away. She currently had her capo placed on the 3rd fret strumming with the usual chords of C, D, G, Em, and Bm.

You sat there processing the tune in your head whilst potentially coming up with some lyrics. You started to say them out loud as Taylor played away.

Y/N's perspective:

All alone,
With no one to call,
The smell of your shirt still lingers,
Longing for that sweet smell of you to return.

What do you think Tay? She met her gaze with yours and whispered in your ear "I love it Y/N, I love it that much I'm going to add it into the song" I waited till Tay broke the gaze and I let the biggest grin appear across my face. I'm getting credits on a Taylor swift song! I thought to myself.

No one's perspective:

Taylor continued strumming and Y/N continued coming up with lyrics. They sat there for a few hours only getting up to use the bathroom or to top up their wine glasses.

"Ha I've finished suck on that baby" you said to Taylor as you moved her off of you ever so quickly and sprung yourself in the air. "Well then let me hear it baby doll." Taylor said to you.

Taylor continued to strum away as you cleared your chest to start singing.

"All alone,
with no one to call,
the smell of your shirt lingers,
longing for that sweet smell of you to return.

That same smell that brought me comfort not so long ago,
now breaks my heart to picture what we could have been if only you had given me time.

That day you left it never felt the same,
Your touch lingering on my skin,
I felt the heat radiate as I remembered how it felt the first time you touched me.

Burning eyes in the back of my mind,
glares of hatred implanted in my soul.
Nobody around just me and my thoughts,
the guilt lingers,
the fear trembling,
still longing for that sweet smell of you to return.

Every part of me wanting to feel that familiar touch,
that safe place that I once called home.
Our last kiss lingers on my lips,
I'm craving every part of you.

I guess giving up is the answer,
that familiar smell will never be home again,
I'll never feel the burning passion in your touch,
I'll never feel the eyes in the back of my head.

Living with the thoughts that once tried to control me will now try to kill me,
every painful situation to overthink.

Every time I just want to switch off the thoughts come back,
I just want you,
why did you ever leave?
I thought we were happy,
I thought you were happy with me,
what if forever never ended?
I guess we both had different ideas of forever,
my forever was forever,
your forever was temporary."

Taylor tells you she's going to make it her next lead single. The joy and the fear and the stress shortly took over from you being stunned to silence.

Authors note:
I know this isn't very good but I haven't published in a while and I had an idea so I decided to write. Also these are my own lyrics.

Have a good day :)

-Sam