You forgot Valentine's Day?

"Do you know what day it is today?" Y/N asked Taylor.

"Isn't it like February 13th?" She replied.

At this moment in time Y/N was having a hard time figuring out if Taylor was actually joking or not, being completely oblivious as a joke was Taylor's thing but Y/N really couldn't figure that out for the life of them.

Instead of stressing about that like they would do with everything else they decided to take it as Taylor was joking.

Taylor went about her morning like any other day, sitting at the piano writing music, messing with the guitar coming up with a tune.

Y/N spent their morning making breakfast for Taylor which included chocolate chip pancakes in the shape of love hearts, granola with Greek yoghurt, a small bowl of fruit and a glass of fresh orange juice.

Taylor herself was a little surprised that she had breakfast made for her considering it was only for special occasions like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, her birthday and even Valentine's Day.

This small but meaningful gesture had Taylor thinking, she started listing all of the important events in their lives that could possibly cause Y/N to make her breakfast.

"February February, February, what's so important at the start of February? Shit today is Valentine's Day." Taylor said to herself pacing back and forth.

The day had completely slipped Taylor's mind and deep down Y/N was starting to realise that. Knowing Taylor had made no plans they took it as a positive to finally make the plans, it was always Taylor making the plans.

They had booked Taylor's favourite restaurant for lunch, ordered a big bunch of flowers which included sunflowers, red and black roses, carnations, tulips and lilies and even went shopping for picnic foods.

Taylor was still on her piano, writing songs. Y/N took this opportunity to run around like a headless chicken to find their picnic blanket and basket, the flask and a speaker. Despite running round like a headless chicken Taylor didn't notice or at least wasn't letting Y/N know she had saw.

Taylor knew it was too late to get a card without Y/N noticing she was gone and there was no point in lying because Taylor never went anywhere without them, almost like Y/N was Taylor's comfort person although she'd never admit that.

As Y/N was walking back through Taylor pulled them into the kitchen "I'm sorry my love, I forgot today was Valentine's Day, I feel bad, let me make it up to you" she said placing a hand on Y/N's hip pulling her in.

"Taylor not now I'm busy, I have a few errands to run, we have more than enough time for this later on" They said.

"Right, you're right, I'm sorry" Taylor added.

With lunchtime fast approaching, Y/N went to go get dressed, leaving Taylor a little puzzled as to why.

A few minutes later Y/N came back down the stairs in a light grey suit. "Go, get changed Taylor, we have somewhere to be and we must be on time" they said.

Taylor quickly got changed and headed back down the stairs, making her way down in the most beautiful red dress one could only imagine. It truly captured the ocean blue of Taylor's eyes, as well as Y/N's breath.

Standing speechless at the goddess that was quickly approaching them, Y/N found the courage to finally say something "wow Taylor, you... you look stunning, no ethereal"

"Oh please, are the compliments really necessary? You compliment me all the time, it's the one thing you'll never let me forget" Taylor said letting out a little chuckle.

"Well when someone looks as pretty as you I want them to know exactly how I think they look, even if it's all the time, a goddess deserves to know her worth mon amour." Y/N added.

With one swift movement Y/N was in Taylor's arms, Taylor leaned in placing a soft and intimate kiss on their lips.

They arrived on time for lunch much to the surprise of Y/N, they never arrived on time when they're together.

Lunch flew by for both of them, they enjoyed their time of sharing each others courses because neither of them could decide, staring into one another's eyes when the other wasn't looking.

Usually when they're in public together they like to play a game and the aim of that game is to see who could blush first, Y/N always won that game.

Once they arrived home they headed to the couch, it was film time, Hairspray was the movie of choice today although Y/N didn't mind because they got to hear Taylor sing and it was bliss.

A knock at the door was the thing to distract them both, Y/N knew why but Taylor was none of the wiser.

Y/N walked back through to the living room with a smile as bright as a stroke of light trying to hide the bunch of flowers behind their back. Of course failing miserably.

Y/N slowly pulled the bunch of flowers from behind their back, " Here mon amour, these are for you. Happy Valentine's Day."

Taylor couldn't stop smiling "You got these for me? Thank you honey, I love them. I have a confession to make, I forgot Valentine's Day was today, I didn't get you a-"

Y/N interrupting Taylor pulled her into a kiss muttering against her lips "It's okay I don't need a gift when I have you, every morning I get to spend with you is my gift"

That brought a rosy red colour to Taylor's cheeks. She looked adorable, it matched her red lipstick.

With the hours passed by that the two had spent on the couch watching movies, it was time for Y/N to move from their girlfriends soft embrace to go and make the food for the picnic, Taylor didn't bother to check what was happening which was good news for Y/N. They laid the blanket on the grass and laid out all the plates of food.

Heading back inside to go get Taylor, leading her out blindfolded holding Y/N's hand. "Where are you taking me?" trying to take a peak with her spare hand.

"You'll find out in due course my love" Y/N was quick to shut it down whilst gently slapping her hand away from her face so she couldn't peak.

Y/N removed the blindfold and Taylor just stood their taking it in. "You did all of this for me?" Taylor sounded so surprised.

"Of course, this is like the bare minimum I'd do for you Taylor" Y/N said

"And to think I forgot Valentine's Day and you're out here doing all of this today for me, first the breakfast, then the restaurant, then the flowers and now the picnic" Taylor couldn't help but get a little emotional.

"That's not all I have planned, there is one more thing after this, you're too pretty to cry mon amour"Y/N added whilst wiping a tear off of Taylor's cheek.

They spent the next hour or so at the picnic blanket admiring the stars and each other. "It's time to do the other thing that I never mentioned" Y/N added.

They ran inside to get their phone, and came back out playing Endless Love by Lionel Richie.

Taylor walked towards them and Y/N grabbed her by the waist naturally taking the lead, they spent about half an hour just slow dancing to songs in a playlist perfectly curated by Y/N incase an opportunity like that had ever arisen.

"I can't believe you forgot" Y/N chuckled away to themselves

"Hey it was once plus I clearly don't need to do anything considering you're pretty good at planning days yourself" Taylor had said.

They slow danced under the stars for the rest of the night before deciding to call it a night.

~~~~~~~~Authors note~~~~~~~~
It's been a hot minute
since I updated but
I finally did update.
I hope you enjoyed it.