XXI

The day of my party had already arrived. Isabel and I stood at the door ready to charge five bucks a person. Summer was charging for drinks. Brad, Max and Maggie were just standing around waiting. Summer's house was definitely the right house to have this party at. She had a pool in her backyard and a huge living room, I would have to thank her later. Just then the doorbell rang and isBel grinned, "Time to get this party started!"

It took about an hour and it seemed like everyone from our high school was there. Another hour and it seemed like every teenager in Las Vegas was here. After things had settled off with people coming Isabel walked over to Summer to get herself some drinks. "Where the hell did she go?" Asked Isabel. I looked over and Sumer had left her station.

I looked outback and I saw Summer talking to Max on the back porch. Max and her were laughing and smiling. "She's having fun. Just calm down." I told Isabel.

I walked out onto the porch and over to Summer and Max. "How do you like your party Wynter?" Asked Summer grinning.

"It's pretty fantastic!" I said smiling, "Thanks."

"Anything for you Wynter." Said Summer laughing. "I think we should have a contest."

"Ohhhh, what would the contest be for?" Asked Max.

"Shot contest of course!" Said Summer. She hobbled back inside on her boot and told Isabel her idea. Isabel's eyes lit up so I knew it must've been a good one.

Isabel climbed up on the coffee table. "We raised so much money tonight that we're going to have a contest!" Said Isabel as she slurred her words. Someone had too much too drink. "Major contest! Winner get's fifty bucks." She said laughing. "Who wants to participate."

Max, Isabel, a tall kid with red hair, Brad, a blonde girl and a brunette girl were the ones we picked to compete. Me, Isabel and Summer would be the judges. We got then all set up with their glasses. "There's a twist!" Said Isabel, twirling her hair around her finger. "After every drink you take you must eat a handful of M&M's between each shot. Whoever wins gets pushed in the pool, fully clothed." I didn't know if Isabel was just doing this for her enjoyment, she probably was.

We set the M&M's on the table and Summer smiled, "On your mark. Get set. Go!" She said smiling. They were all downing the shots so fast and stuffing their faces with M&M's. Everyone cheered as they continued, eventually the brunette girl threw up.

"You're disqualified." Isabel slurred as she leaned on me. After the rest of them had given up we stood them all on the edge of the pool. Me, Summer and Isabel stood behind them ready too push them into the pool.

Max had eaten the most M&M's and drank the most vodka, therefor he won. He didn't even look sick after it all though. I knew he was going to win though. No one likes chocolate and alcohol like Max does.

"And the winner is... Max!" Said Summer. I quickly pushed him into the pool but he quickly turned around and pulled me down under with him.

"Ahahaha sorry." He said when we surfaced. I just laughed with him and we got out of the pool.

"Cake! I forgot!" Said Isabel, "Come on come on we have to do it!" She said grabbing my hand and dragging me inside Summer's house.

Summer was standing there with a cake in her hands. Everyone started singing happy birthday too me and I smiled. I might not have a family to celebrate with, or a lot of close friends, but celebrating with a lot of acquaintances was fun too. I blew out all the candles in one breath and everyone cheered.

"I'm gonna go cut it up." Said Isabel smiling as she took the cake from Summer. She turned around and splat! She had just smashed the cake right into, Macy! "Shit." Isabel swore under her breath. It was really silent until Max broke out laughing.

"Oh my god! That's the funniest thing I've seen all day!" He said. Soon everyone was laughing and Macy left.

"I guess we can just have ice cream instead." Said Isabel shrugging. We didn't have enough ice cream for everyone, but it was good.

Weeoooweoooweooo we heard outside the window. "The cops!" Someone said.

"Go out the back gate!" Said Summer, "It'll lead you to the desert. Guys help me get rid of this alcohol."

We decided, in our drunk state of mind, that drinking it was the best way to get rid of it. If I had to go to jail tonight, I definitely didn't want to remember it in the morning. The alcohol burned down my throat as I drank the last of it. I was already feeling buzzed from my previous drinking.

Outside a police man climbed out of his car and started towards the front door. "We're screwed." Whispered Maggie.

Just the a boy about twenty appeared and talked to the cop. The cop got in his car, and drove off. Then the boy walked up to the front door and Summer opened it and threw her arms around him. "Thank you so much Zachary, oh my god."

Zachary laughed, "No problemo. You should clean up the house before mom and dad get home."

"We will! When we're not so drunk. This is my brother, Zachary." Said Summer. Zachary looked at each of us with a weird look on his face.

"You guys should get some sleep." He said, so that's exactly what we did.

***

The next morning I woke up laying on the couch on top of Max. I looked around the room and saw Maggie on the floor and Isabel and Brad in the other couch. Most of last night was kind of a blur, and I had a very bad headache. Summer came pounding down the stairs. "Code red! My parents will be home in an hour!" She said.

"This place will be perfect when we're done!" Said Isabel groggily. We all got up and started to help clean. Max vacuumed all the crumbs off the floor. Isabel, Brad and Maggie started picking up trash. Summer and I started setting everything back up in its proper places.

By the end it looked like a normal house. Zachary came downstairs with freebreeze and sprayed it all over the place. "It's good as new."

"Good. Now you guys need to get going. My parents will be here any second. "I hope you had a good birthday Wynter." She said hugging me.

I hugged her back, "It was amazing. I loved it." I said smiling. "I'll have to sleep all day to get rid of this hangover though."

"Me too." Groaned Isabel as she opened the front door. Light poured in from the outside and I covered my eyes.

"It's too bright." Complained Max.

"Let's get you home and too bed." Maggie said too him. We all stepped out on our porch and waved to Summer as we left. That was the best birthday by far.