Suffering

Everything felt suffocating to Akshara, her every breath, every step and her every memory. Akshara stared at the dusty mark of heart she drew in on the window, reminding her of the one Abhimanyu would have drawn. 

She should've waited for him that day and seen it, then no confusion regarding Aarohi would've happened and she could've had her love.

Akshara was not that lucky. She never has been. 

Her choice of family or love did not even guarantee that much thinking for her. She chose family over love.

She will always pick them. Had she picked her love-she couldn't even imagine what the family would go through when Aarohi makes good on her promise and goes away from them. 

But at the end of the day, like always she was the outsider. Her choice made her sister stay but her to go away. 

The man she saw at the traffic was a shell of a man contained by anger and sadness. The only reason was her. She hoped he was angry at her. She hoped he will forget her. If not she didn't know what she would do.

She did not only hurt herself by this choice but Abhi too. 

Her heart was prickling her, her body felt too little to contain her suffering. She lost the grip on her guitar, her beloved escape. Her throat was clogging up unable to utter a word. Her mind was losing grip on the reality. 

As she fell down losing conscious, her phone ringing beside her. The only thought on her mind was that she was free of the pain at last.