𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

"Hey little one!" I winced when I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw the bittersweet smile of a certain ginger.

"Oh hello. Do you need anything?" Suddenly Childe grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

My hair slipped through the young man's fingers and he smiled. "I missed you, that's all."

"Hm are you sure?" I tilted my head and released myself from his embrace.

"Actually no. I wanted to ask if you would go out to eat with me." His fingers slid between mine as he smiled impatiently at me.

I sighed as I pulled my hands back and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "I'm really sorry, but I'm on my way to see Jian."

I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw a twitch at the corner of his mouth. His eyes narrowed slightly. "Jian? Who should that be?" He laughed a little.

"Someone I met in Qingce Village." I backed away a bit, but Childe came closer again.

"So you are going to Qingce Village? Great, let me accompany you!" Before I could say anything, he pulled me towards the big wooden bridge.

'Let me accompany you.' I couldn't even say anything against it, but if I was being honest, I felt safe with him.

...

After a whole while he laughed and pulled me towards the stairs that brought one to Wangshu Inn. "Haha, it looks like you're going to eat with me after all!" He turned slightly to me and smiled at me with an innocent smile. How did he always get what he wanted?

"Alright alright, I understood." I giggled and followed him.

"Take a seat, darling." and then I choked and coughed. 'Darling?' I blushed a little.

Gently he rubbed my back, his fingers fiddled with a certain gem that was hanging down between my shoulders. "Are you alright (Y/N)?" Now his hands layed on my shoulders and softly pushed me down on a chair. I nodded and smiled.

He sat down next to me and we ordered our meals. I realised that Ajax looked a little annoyed. "Is something wrong, Ajax?" But now he smiled.

"I thought you forgot my name." I smiled too and shook my head. "So back to that Jian. Who is he and what is he to you?"

I lifted a brow. "That's not of any importance...." I grabbed the chopsticks that were in front of me and started eating.

Glancing up at the ginger, he sighed. "Answer the question."

"You're not my boyfriend so it's none of your business." I huffed, why did he want to know? When I looked at him again, I took a jerky breath. He stared at me with an intimidating look that I couldn't face. I swallowed and immediately looked at the floor. "Just a friend..." I stammered softly. "You don't have to worry..."

=====✧=====

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝. 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐?"

=====✧=====