𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧
Y/N's POV

A few weeks had passed. Dottore had apologized and we just had to accept that because he was a Harbinger and since I was part of the royal house I couldn't kill him.

He offered to give me an antidote but I refused. I was used to it, and if I took it, I would've died soon.

"Tell me again." i twitched "You're already awake?" I turned to Ajax, who was lying next to me in bed and was smiling at me. I nodded and sighed, laying my head on his bare chest.

"I had a weak heart... Dottore promised me I would be better and I believed him since he was the doctor." I inhaled, Childe rubbing my naked back gently. "Up until then you've already told me, but what happened then?"

"I was tied to a chair when I woke up, Dottore was holding a syringe with blue liquid. Then he jabbed the syringe into my arm. It was a sharp pain, a cold burning sensation at first at the puncture site, then it went through my body and then in my head.

In fact, I felt better but also worse at the same time. Every week Dottore examined me, he always spoke of experiment number one. Eventually the name 'number 2' came up. I assume that was Jian. I never thought he could be such a psycho. I thought the same of you, though." I glared at Ajax, who avoided my eyes with a grin.

"Well anyway you know the rest of the story, we fled."

Ajax rolled on top of me. "What's that going to be?" I asked giggling as he gently kissed my neck. "Will you marry me?" He whispered in my ear and I sighed. "I know that you love me, now I want to marry you!" he complained.

"Ajax." I said calmly. "I love you but I still need time." He nodded and snuggled up to me. Yes, I loved him, but no matter how many times he asked me, I needed time. He has asked me this every day for the past few weeks and every time my answer has been 'no'.

After a while he slowly crept deeper and deeper and disappeared under the covers between my legs. "H-hey what's this gonna be?" I asked blushing. "Just shut up and enjoy."

I felt his hands stroking my thighs, then he kissed the inside, close to my midsection. His kiss was hot. My heart skipped a beat.

Then someone knocked at the door. "Mister Tartaglia, the carriage is ready, we have to leave." I squeaked and he lifted his head with a sigh. "I'm coming! If it weren't so important, I would stay." He kissed the inside of my thigh again and crawled out of bed.

"What could possibly be so important to leave me like that?" I huffed and rolled my eyes and he twitched. "You see tonight." With those words, he left my room. I wonder what that meant.
———————

I was having lunch when the Balladeer entered the hall. "What's up?" I asked him as he sat down across from me. "Eat up, I'll take you to choose a dress for tonight." he said softly. "What's tonight?"
"You'll see tonight."

"Ugh, fine."

I finished my dumplings and stood up, the balladeer then led me outside after putting a coat on me. "Where are we going?" I asked in surprise as I got into the carriage that was waiting. "Shopping, like I said." He sat across from me, Viktor drove the carriage.

We sat in the carriage for a few minutes before it stopped. "We're there." The boy with the big hat mumbled and opened the door for me, I wondered how he fit the small door of the carriage. We were standing in front of a huge store with beautiful clothes. "Woah..." I was amazed. "Wait until you see it from the inside."